"Paranormal" - Cooper, Alice
U2 Related Content:
- "Paranormal" (Studio Version) - Alice Cooper (featuring Larry Mullen) (04:11)
- "Dead Flies" (Studio Version) - Alice Cooper (featuring Larry Mullen) (02:22)
- "Fireball" (Studio Version) - Alice Cooper (featuring Larry Mullen) (04:49)
- "Paranoiac Personality" (Studio Version) - Alice Cooper (Featuring Larry Mullen) (03:10)
- "Fallen in Love" (Studio Version) - Alice Cooper (featuring Larry Mullen) (03:33)
- "Dynamite Road" (Studio Version) - Alice Cooper (featuring Larry Mullen) (02:43)
- "Private Public Breakdown" (Studio Version) - Alice Cooper (featuring Larry Mullen) (03:26)
- "Holy Water" (Studio Version) - Alice Cooper (featuring Larry Mullen) (03:08)
- "Rats" (Studio Version) - Alice Cooper (featuring Larry Mullen) (02:38)
- "The Sound of A" (Studio Version) - Alice Cooper (featuring Larry Mullen) (04:06)
Full Track Listing:
- Paranormal (04:11)
- Dead Flies (02:22)
- Fireball (04:49)
- Paranoiac Personality (03:10)
- Fallen in Love (03:33)
- Dynamite Road (02:43)
- Private Public Breakdown (03:26)
- Holy Water (03:08)
- Rats (02:38)
- The Sound of A (04:06)
With the Original Alice Cooper Band:
- Genuine American Girl (04:27)
- You and All of Your Friends (02:41)
Live In Columbus, OH
- No More Mr. Nice Guy (03:10)
- Under My Wheels (02:56)
- Billion Dollar Babies (03:38)
- Feed My Frankenstein (05:01)
- Only Women Bleed (05:08)
- School’s Out (06:06)
This album from 2017 is Alice Cooper’s 27th studio album, and was released July 28, 2017 in a number of formats. The album features Larry Mullen on the first ten tracks of the album, according to guitarist Tommy Denander who was present for the recording sessions, “Larry plays drums on 10 songs and added a very cool and unique touch to the album.” The other tracks on the album were not part of these sessions, and do not feature Larry Mullen. The album was recorded at Ocean Way in Nashville. The album is produced by Bob Ezrin, Larry Mullen is on drums, Jimmy Lee Sloas is on bass for part of the album, and original Alice Cooper bassist Dennis Dunaway for part of the album. Guitars are performed by Tommy Denander and Tommy Henriksen Jeff Balding is the engineer for the album, and Matt Coles is assisting. ZZ Top’s Billy Gibbons and Deep Purple’s Roger Glover are also guests on this upcoming album.
The first single from the album is “Paranoic Personality“ and it was released to digital formats on June 9, 2017. The single featured the title track and a live song. A limited edition 7-Inch single is being planned for July.
On January 26, 2017, it was reported that Larry Mullen had appeared at a Beasto Blanco concert at a club in Nashville. During the concert, Alice Cooper got up and performed with the band. Mullen was in town at that time to record the album.
Alice Cooper, speaking with radio host, Eddie Trunk talked about the collaboration. Cooper revealed it was his producer Bob Ezrin Jr. that had the initial idea to bring in Larry to play drums, “I said, ‘that’s a great idea, it’ll change things up so much, just on the basic tracks.‘” Cooper also told a story about recording with Mullen. “He said, ‘I play to the lyrics, I don’t play to the bass,’ And I said that is so cool, just the idea that you’re interpreting the lyrics on the drums. It totally makes the album another album.”
Denander reveals “For Bob to pick Larry was a stroke of genius,” he says. “The programmed drums on my demos were much more traditional hard rock, and I was a bit worried how Larry was gonna be able to play like that, since it’s not his normal style. but Bob hired him to play like him – and damn, he gave the songs a new life and a much more authentic old-school vibe, in the very best sense.”
The album was released on earMusic.
Photography by Rob Fenn.