"Forces of Nature" - Various Artists
U2 Related Content:
- "Everlasting Love" (Studio Version) - U2 (03:21)
Full Track Listing:
- Everlasting Love – U2
- Love The One You’re With – Chris Tart
- Would You…? (Trailermen Go To Rio Mix) – Touch And Go
- Remember Me (Soulstice Mix) – Blue Boy
- Take California (Go On, Force Me Edit) – Propellerheads
- A Rose By Any Other Name – Holly Palmer
- Battle Flag (Lo-Fidelity Allstars Remix) – Pigeonhed
- If Lovin’ You Is Wrong – Faithless
- Slowly – Tricky
- Magic Bus – Swervedriver
- Whippin’ Piccadilly – Gomez
- Bring My Family Back – Faithless
- Rollin’ & Tumblin’ (Remix) – R.L. Burnside
- Descarga De Hoy (Edit) – Cubanismo
“Forces of Nature” was a romantic comedy, released March 19, 1999 starring Ben Affleck and Sandra Bullock. The soundtrack for the film was put together by creative music consultant, Robbie Robertson. Robertson, a Canadian songwriter and producer has been involved with many film soundtracks over the years and regularly supervisors film soundtracks. He is also a solo recording artist, and his 1987 album “Robbie Robertson” featured him working with U2 on two tracks “Sweet Fire of Love” and “Testimony”. So perhaps it is no surprise that U2 would be asked to contribute a song to one of the movie soundtracks which he was overseeing.
The U2 song on this soundtrack is “Everlasting Love”. The song was written in 1967 by Buzz Cason and Mac Gayden, and was recorded by U2 and released as a b-side to the single “All I Want is You” in 1989. The song would also be used in the movie “Veronica Guerin” in 2003, but there was no soundtrack album to accompany that film. The song was also released on “The Best of 1980 & B Sides” album, and various related promotional recordings. Most likely due to it being a cover song, the song was not included in 2004’s “The Complete U2” digital box set. In all cases it is the same edit that is present on all releases.
Written by Buzz Cason / Mac Gayden. Performed by U2. Produced by U2.
Executive Album Producer: Robbie Robertson.