"Grammy Nominees 2006" - Various Artists
U2 Related Content:
- "City Of Blinding Lights" (Radio Edit) - U2 (04:15)
Full Track Listing:
- Gorillaz- Feel Good Inc. Featuring De La Soul
- Green Day- Boulevard Of Broken Dreams
- Mariah Carey- It’s Like That
- Paul Mccartney- Fine Line
- U2- City Of Blinding Lights
- Rascal Flatts- Bless The Broken Road
- Bruce Springsteen- Devils & Dust
- John Legend- Ordinary People
- Jack Johnson- Sitting, Waiting, Wishing
- Seal- Walk On By
- Rob Thomas- Lonely No More
- Stevie Wonder- From The Bottom Of My Heart
- Kelly Clarkson- Since U Been Gone
- Sheryl Crow- Good Is Good
- Coldplay- Speed Of Sound
- Foo Fighters- Best Of You
- The Rolling Stones- Rain Fall Down
- Neil Young- The Painter
- Beck- E-Pro
- Death Cab For Cutie- Soul Meets Body
- Franz Ferdinand- Do You Want To
The “Grammy Nominees” is a series of compilation albums, with albums being released shortly before the airing of the annual Grammy Awards. In each case the compilation is made up of songs which have been nominated in some way for that years award ceremony. The compilations were started in 1995, and have been issued each year since that time. Other series have been attempted for rap and latin music, but those compilations have been discontinued at the time of the writing of this entry.
U2 appears on several of these compilations, starting with ““Grammy Nominees”, and including “Grammy Nominees 2002”, “Grammy Nominees 2005”, “Grammy Nominees 2006”, “Grammy Nominees 2008” and “Grammy Nominees 2010”.
The 2006 compilation was the fourth time U2 appeared on these compilations, and the album was released January 24, 2006. The awards ceremony was held on February 8, 2006. U2 was nominated for “Album of the Year” and “Best Rock Album” for “How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb”, “Song of the Year” and “Best Rock Performance by a Duo or a Group with Vocal” for “Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own”, and “Best Rock Song” for “City of Blinding Lights”. U2 won all five Grammy Awards. This compilation album includes “City of Blinding Lights” which was nominated for “Best Rock Song”. The version found on the album is the Radio Edit of the song.
City of Blinding Lights:
Written by U2 / Bono. Produced by Flood.