"Heat" - Various Artists
U2 Related Content:
- "Always Forever Now" (Soundtrack Version) - Passengers (06:55)
Full Track Listing:
- Heat – Kronus Quartet (7:41)
- Always Forever Now – Passengers (6:54)
- Condensers – Eliot Goldenthal (2:34)
- Refinery Surveilance – Kronus Quartet (1:45)
- Last Nite – Terje Rypdal & the Chasers (3:29)
- Ultramarine – Michael Brook (4:35)
- Armenia – Einsturzende Neubauten (4:58)
- Of Helplessness – Eliot Goldenthal (2:39)
- Steel Cello Lament – Eliot Goldenthal (1:42)
- Mystery Man – Terje Rypdal (4:39)
- New Dawn Fades – Moby (2:54)
- Entrada & Shootout – Eliot Goldenthal (1:45)
- Force marker – Eliot Goldenthal (3:37)
- Coffee Shop – Eliot Goldenthal (1:37)
- Fate Scraps – Eliot Goldenthal (1:34)
- La Bas (Edited Version) – Lisa Gerrard (3:10)
- Gloradin – Lisa Gerrard (3:56)
- Run Up Hill – Eliot Goldenthal (2:51)
- Predator Diorama – Kronos Quartet (2:39)
- Of Separation – Eliot Goldenthal (2:21)
- God Moving Over the Face of the Waters – Moby (6:58)
“Heat” was an American crime film released December 15, 1995 directed by Michael Mann and starring Al Pacino, Robert DeNiro, and Val Kilmer. The film has been released on VHS, DVD, and Blu-ray over the years. The song “Always Forever Now” is featured in the film. The song, was recorded for and released on the Passengers album “Original Soundtracks 1”. The Passengers group was a project by U2 teaming up with producer Brian Eno as a fifth member of the band and featured other guest artists throughout the album. Like many other soundtrack appearances, the version of “Always Forever Now” that appeared on the soundtrack album, “Heat” is a different version than that which featured on the album. On the soundtrack the song is approximately 30 seconds longer than the original version found on the Passengers album. There are additional vocal noises in the background, but no additional lyrics have been added to the track.
The soundtrack album was put together by producer Matthias Gohl. In addition to the soundtrack, Eliot Goldenthal put together a score for the movie, several of the tracks of which are included on the soundtrack album. The soundtrack received high praise from many reviewers at the time of release. The extended mix of “Always Forever Now” has only ever appeared on this film soundtrack and has not appeared on any U2 compilations. This version and the album version are the only two known versions of the song. The song has been snippeted once live in concert during the U2360° tour at the end of a performance of “Beautiful Day” in Istanbul, Turkey. Other than that the song has never been performed live.
Due to a staggered release date for the film in different countries the North American release of the soundtrack album was in December 1995, and the release in Europe was in January 1996.
Always Forever Now: Performed by Passengers (Brian Eno and U2) String arrangement: Paul Barrett. Engineered by Danton Supple. Assisted by Rob Kirwan. Sequencer: Des Broadbery.