"Hold On: BBC Radio 1 FM Sessions" - Various Artists
U2 Related Content:
Full Track Listing:
- One / Unchained Melody (Live from Sydney) – U2 (6:13)
- Sleeping Pills – Suede (3:43)
- Find the Answer Within – The Boo Radleys (3:06)
- Anna Begins – Counting Crows (5:33)
- Mexico – Dick Dale (2:27)
- Chinese Arithmetic – Faith No More (4:39)
- Give Her a Gun – Echobelly (3:31)
- Sparky’s Dream – Teenage Fanclub (3:15)
- Disco Duncan – Sleeper (3:19)
- Soft Wolf Tread – Grant Lee Buffalo (2:56)
- Out – Swervedriver (3:28)
- Ride On Time – Ride (3:31)
- Favourite Sinner (Electric Version) – Drugstore (3:06)
- Odd – Supergrass (5:12)
- Street Spirit – Radiohead (4:21)
- El Diablo En El Oja – Tindersticks (3:10)
- I’ve Got a Little Somthing for You (Bad Boy Stripped Down Vocal Mix) – MN8 (4:16)
This compilation album was put together by BBC Radio 1 in conjunction with the music magazine “Melody Maker” and was a compilation of live and studio performances by the artists that had been broadcast on BBC Radio between 1991 and 1995. The compilation was only issued in the UK.
The U2 track featured on this compilation is a live version of “One / Unchained Melody” taken from the live performance at Sydney Australia on November 27, 1993. The same performance was the basis for the “Zoo TV Live” fan club CD as well as the Zoo TV DVD. The performance was also broadcast on radio, and it was from this that the track was taken. For the compilation album here the song has been edited so that there are fades in and out of the track. “Unchained Melody” isn’t actually listed in the album notes or the track listing anywhere, but it does appear at the end of “One”. Bono also includes some of the extended lyrics to “One” during this performance. The date inside the booklet accompanying the CD lists a date of March 2, 1994, which is not a reference to when the song was played, but rather a reference to when the song was broadcast on BBC.
The proceeds from the sale of the compilation went to the organization “Samaritans” which is an organization that provides confidential emotional support in times of need via a 24 hour hotline.
One / Unchained Melody: Written by U2. Live. Sydney Stadium, Australia, 2/3/94. U2 appear courtesy of Island Records.