"Q: Essential Dance" - Various Artists
U2 Related Content:
Full Track Listing:
- Woke Up this Morning (Chosen One Mix) – Alabama
- Connected – The Stereo MCs
- Voodoo Ray – A Guy Called Gerald
- Even Better Than the Real Thing (The Perfecto Mix) – U2
- True Faith (Morel’s Pink Noise Mix Edit) – New Order
- Go – Moby
- Retox – Fatboy Slim
- Jacques Your Body (Make Me Sweat) – Les Rhythmes Digitales
- Pearl’s Girl (Edit) – Underworld
- The Time is Now – Moloko
- So Hard (David Morales Mix) – Pet Shop Boys
- World in My Eyes – Depeche Mode
- Take California – Propellerheads
- Devil in Sports Casual – Midfield General
- Once More – The Orb
- Pacific 707 – 808 State
- Tension (Live at the Q Awards) – Orbital
Q Magazine is a British publication, which routinely gives away free CDs with the purchase of the magazine. In 2001, they released “Q Essential Dance” in the May issue of Q Magazine. The issue was Q176, and the magazine featured a cover with R.E.M.
The compilation is a mix of songs picked by the Q Editors for a dance mix, a follow up to a previous compilation called “Essential Chill”. The track from U2 is “Even Better Than the Real Thing (The Perfecto Mix)” which had originally been released in 1992 on the single for “Even Better Than the Real Thing”. The full version found on the single is 6:37 in length. The version included on “Q: Essential Dance” is shorter at 6:25 in length. Unlike many dance compilations, these tracks are not mixed to be a continuous mix, although some tracks do fade into one another. “Even Better than the Real Thing” has a clean start, but does continue slightly into the following track, New Order’s “True Faith (Morel’s Pink Noise Mix Edit)” by a few seconds. (About 3 seconds can be heard at the start of the New Order track).
The CD was released in a regular jewel case, and was given away free with the purchase of the magazine.
Even Better Than the Real Thing (The Perfecto Mix):
Words by Bono. Music by U2. Remixed from the Island album Achtung Baby!