"Q: The Best of the Best '97" - Various Artists
U2 Related Content:
- "Wake Up Dead Man" (Studio Version - Uncensored) - U2 (04:53)
Full Track Listing:
- Block Rockin’ Beats – Chemical Brothers
- Wake Up Dead Man – U2
- Black Eyed Boy – Texas
- On and On – Erykah Badu
- Swallowed – Bush
- Diesel Power – The Prodigy
- Tonight – Supergrass
- Cowboys – Portishead
- Barrel of a Gun – Depeche Mode
- Country Sad Ballad Man – Blur
- Mansun’s Only Love Song – Mansun
- Burning Wheel – Primal Scream
- Heroes – Roni Size Reprazent
- Fade In-Out – Oasis
- The Tourist – Radiohead
Q Magazine is a British publication, which routinely gives away free CDs with the purchase of the magazine. In 1998, they released “The Best of the Best 97” on January 27, in the March issue of Q Magazine. The issue was Q136, and the magazine featured a cover with Madonna.
The compilation is a mix of songs picked by the Q Editors to represent what they thought was the best music of the previous year. U2 is included on the compilation, and the editors chose “Wake Up Dead Man” as one of the best songs of 1997. The liner notes of the CD speak of U2 taking risks, knowing what was at stake, but released by the thrill of it all. Liner notes are penned by David Davies, the editor of Q at the time.
The CD was released in a regular jewel case, and was given away free with the purchase of the magazine.
Wake Up Dead Man:
Music U2. Lyrics: Bono and the Edge.