"Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Live Vol. 2" - Various Artists
U2 Related Content:
- "All Along the Watchtower" (Live from New York, NY, Jan. 12, 1992) - The Rock Hall Jam Band (featuring the Edge) (07:08)
- "Big River" (Live from New York, NY, Jan. 12, 1992) - Johnny Cash and the Rock Hall Jam Band (featuring The Edge) (03:26)
- "Shout" (Live from New York, NY, Jan. 15, 1992) - The Isley Brothers, The Rock Hall Jam Band (featuring the Edge) (03:24)
- "Soul Man" (Live from New York, NY, Jan. 15, 1992) - Little Richard, Sam Moore, Steve Cropper, Rock Hall Jam Band (ft. The Edge) (03:18)
- "One Love" (Live, Hall of Fame Induction 1994) - Bono, The I-Threes, Ziggy Marley and the Rock Hall Jam Band (05:12)
Full Track Listing:
- All Along the Watchtower – The Rock Hall Jam Band (7:07)
- Big River – Johnny Cash (3:26)
- Shout – The Isley Brothers & The Rock Hall Jam Band (3:23)
- I Love You Too Much (Tribute to Bill Graham) – Carlos Santana (4:08)
- Soul Man – Little Richard, Sam Moore, Steve Cropper & The Rock Hall Jam Band (3:18)
- Sunshine of Your Love – Cream (5:23)
- Green River – John Fogerty (3:04)
- Light My Fire – The Doors with Eddie Vedder (8:07)
- Roadhouse Blues – The Doors (5:49)
- Who’ll Stop the Rain – John Fogerty (3:06)
- Crossroads – Cream (4:25)
- Mama (He Treats Your Daughter Mean) – Ruth Brown / Bonnie Raitt (4:03)
- Born on the Bayou – John Fogerty (3:25)
- Break on Through – The Doors (3:27)
- At Last – Etta James (3:04)
- Born Under a Bad Sign – Cream (3:33)
- Caravan – Counting Crows (5:18)
- Why Do Fools Fall in Love – Boyz II Men (2:26)
- The Weight – The Band with Eric Clapton (6:50)
- Come Together – Axl Rose and Bruce Springsteen (4:23)
- People Get Ready – Jeff Beck (4:00)
- Rebel-Rouser – Duane Eddy (2:48)
- Redemption Song – The I-Threes (4:24)
- Wang Dang Doodle – Bob Weir, Chuck Berry & The Rock Hall Jam Band (7:30)
- One Love – Bono, The I-Threes, Ziggy Marley & The Rock Hall Jam Band (5:12)
On November 15, 2011, The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame released a series of discs to the iTunes service, allowing people to buy live performances from past Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction evenings. There were 10 volumes of the series which were each titled “Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Live”. Volume 1 covered 1986-1991 and Volume 10 covered 2008 -2009. The discs in between covered the years in between, with most discs covering two years worth of ceremonies. Each disc was released with similar artwork with a yellow stripe down one side, and red bars down the other. To this design element is added photo, or a series of photos relating to the contents of the album.
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremonies are an annually held awards banquet to induct new members into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Although the Hall of Fame museum is located in Cleveland OH, the actual induction ceremony is held in New York City, typically at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel. The first ceremony was held in 1986, and thus this collection starts with 1986 and covers up until the year that these CDs were released.
On Volume 2, covering the 1992-1994 ceremonies there are several U2 moments. The Edge performed with the “Rock Hall Jam Band” in 1992 on the tracks “All Along the Watchtower” and “Shout”. He also joined Johnny Cash on stage to perform “Big River” that year. He also contributed to “Soul Man”. The 1992 ceremony was held on January 15, 1992.
Also on Volume 2 is a performance by Bono singing “One Love” with Ziggy Marley and the I-Threes in 1994. The i-Threes were a Jamaican singing group made up of three women, including Bob Marley’s wife Rita Marley who would often support Bob Marley and the Wailers onstage during concerts. The 1994 ceremony was held on January 19, 1994.
One did not have to purchase the entire album from iTunes, and you could purchase individual tracks if just looking for certain songs.
No traditional liner notes with this digital release.