"Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Live Vol. 8" - Various Artists
U2 Related Content:
- "Pride (In the Name of Love)" (Live from New York, NY, Mar. 14, 2005) - U2 (3:50)
- "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" (Live from New York, NY, Mar. 14, 2005) - U2 and Bruce Springsteen (04:25)
- "Vertigo" (Live from New York, NY, Mar. 14, 2005) - U2 (03:22)
- "Until the End of the World" (Live from New York, NY, Mar. 14, 2005) - U2 (04:41)
Full Track Listing:
- Running on Empty – Jackson Browne (4:57)
- Handle with Care – Dhani Harrison, Jeff Lynne, Steve Winwood and Tom Petty (3:17)
- While My Guitar Gently Weeps – Dhani Harrison, Jeff Lynne, Prince, Steve Winwood (6:20)
- La Grange – ZZ Top (4:30)
- Tush – ZZ Top (2:31)
- The Pretender – Jackson Browne (6:43)
- Feelin’ Alright – Dave Mason & The Rock Hall Jam Band (6:58)
- Sweet Little Rock and Roller – Kid Rock & The Rock Hall Jam Band (4:10)
- Dear Mr. Fantasy – Traffic (7:34)
- Pride (In the Name of Love) – U2 (3:50)
- Whole Lot of Shakin’ Going On – Jerry Lee Lewis (3:45)
- Let Me Love You Baby – Buddy Guy, eric Clapton and BB King (6:20)
- Message of Love – Pretenders (2:46)
- My City Was Gone – Pretenders (5:59)
- Precious – Pretenders (4:05)
- I Still Haven’t Found – U2 with Bruce Springsteen (4:25)
- When A Man Loves a Woman – Percy Sledge (4:50)
- Bo Diddley – Bo Diddley with Robbie Robertson and Eric Clapton (3:24)
- Back Stabbers / For the Love of Money – Dave Mason & The Rock Hall Jam Band (6:18)
- Damn Right, I’ve Got the Blues – Buddy Guy (4:35)
- Vertigo – U2 (3:21)
- Until the End of the World – U2 (4:40)
On November 15, 2011, The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame released a series of discs to the iTunes service, allowing people to buy live performances from past Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction evenings. There were 10 volumes of the series which were each titled “Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Live”. Volume 1 covered 1986-1991 and Volume 10 covered 2008 -2009. The discs in between covered the years in between, with most discs covering two years worth of ceremonies. Each disc was released with similar artwork with a yellow stripe down one side, and red bars down the other. To this design element is added photo, or a series of photos relating to the contents of the album.
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremonies are an annually held awards banquet to induct new members into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Although the Hall of Fame museum is located in Cleveland OH, the actual induction ceremony is held in New York City, typically at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel. The first ceremony was held in 1986, and thus this collection starts with 1986 and covers up until the year that these CDs were released.
On Volume 8, the years of 2004 and 2005 are covered, and 2005 was the year that U2 was inducted into the Hall of Fame. During that performance, U2 opened with “Until the End of the World”, then played “Pride” and “I Still Haven’t Found” and finished with “Vertigo”. Bruce Springsteen joined the band on stage for “Vertigo” and also inducted the band. All four songs that U2 performed that evening are available on this digital release. “Pride” from this performance was also released on the compilation “The Best of Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Live” which was released on iTunes, but also in physical format on CD.
No traditional liner notes on this digital release.