"The Marquee 30 Legendary Years" - Various Artists
U2 Related Content:
- "Pride (In the Name of Love)" (Studio Version) - U2 (03:50)
Full Track Listing:
- Pride – U2
- Solid Rock – Dire Straits
- Turn It On Again – Genesis
- Run to You – Bryan Adams
- White Wedding – Billy Idol
- Love Song – Simple Minds
- Don’t Stand So Close to Me – The Police
- Going Underground – The Jam
- Another Brick in the Wall – Pink Floyd
- Kayleigh – Marillion
- Killer Queen – Queen
- Get It On – T.Rex
- All The Young Dudes – Mott the Hoople
- The Boys Are Back in Town – Thin Lizzy
- Layla – Derek and the Dominos
- Substitute – The Who
- All Right Now – Free
- Badge – Cream
- For Your Love – The Yardbirds
- Sha La La La Lee – The Small Faces
- Purple Haze – Jimi Hendrix
- Space Oddity – David Bowie
The Marquee was a legendary club in the British Music Scene, and this compilation tries to celebrate that history by compiling a number of songs from artists who had played The Marquee in London over the years.
Rather than collect live tracks, or even collect songs from the acts at the era they would have played in the club, this collection instead seems haphazard at best. For instance the U2 song included here is “Pride” when U2 last had played the Marquee in November 1980, and “Pride” would not have existed at that point.
The version of “Pride” included here is the shorter studio version of the track.
Sleeve Design: JL & GL (Graphyk) Photography: Peter Ashworth.