Introducing “The Italian Collection” Box Set
Original Story by Aaron J. Sams (2016-09-04)
Starting on August 26, 2016, U2 has begun a new box set release in Italy. Similar to last year’s “The Kiosk Collection“, each CD / DVD will be released weekly for €9.99 and the first week included a box as well as The Joshua Tree. The release is being done in collaboration with Corriere Della Sera (an Italian daily newspaper) and its sister newspaper La Gazzetta dello Sport (An Italian Sports newspaper).
The second release in the collection, Achtung Baby arrived on newsstands on September 2, 2016.
The box included in the set is unique from “The Kiosk Collection,” in that it is labeled “The Italian Collection” and has a different image of the band. In “The Kiosk Collection,” each CD was labeled as being produced in conjunction with El Pais on the back of the CD, as well as on the face of the CD, so these will be different for this collection as well.
Each week there will be an additional CD released in the set, all will be in digipack format. The full box will contain 14 CDs and 4 DVDs (DVDs will be priced at €12.99
“The Kiosk Collection“ was released in October 2015, and followed the same pattern. Each week one CD was released through the El Pais newsstand. Each release was in a digipack like this “The Italian Collection” and the full collection contained 14 CDs and 4 DVDs.
“The Kiosk Collection“ also started with “The Joshua Tree,” and then “Achtung Baby”. “The Italian Collection” starts in the same order, but will follow a different format going forward:
- The Joshua Tree (August 26, 2016)
- Achtung Baby (September 2, 2016)
- Rattle and Hum (September 9, 2016)
- The Unforgettable Fire (September 16, 2016)
- War (September 23, 2016)
- All That You Can’t Leave Behind (September 30, 2016)
- Songs of Innocence (October 7, 2016)
- Boy (October 14, 2016)
- Under a Blood Red Sky (October 21, 2016)
- No Line on the Horizon (October 28, 2016)
- How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb (November 4, 2016)
- Zooropa (November 11, 2016)
- Pop (November 18, 2016)
- October (November 25, 2016)
- “Zoo TV Live from Sydney” (December 2, 2016)
- “U2360 At the Rose Bowl” (December 9, 2016)
- “Live at Red Rocks” (December 16, 2016)
- “U2 Go Home: Live from Slane” (December 23, 2016)
If indeed similar to “The Kiosk Collection“, CDs will be pressed by Universal in Germany and will include the remastered versions of the albums that have been done in that program.