U2’s Promotional Tour Continues
Original Story by Aaron J. Sams (2017-11-22)
U2 will continue promotion for the new album Songs of Experience in the upcoming weeks in the United States.
- November 27, 2017: Los Angeles, CA, Contest through iHeart Radio Stations. This will be a listening session for the new album, with the band in attendance with a small studio audience. No performance is expected. More information is available here.
- November 28, 2017: Hollywood, CA, Jimmy Kimmel Live! Bono will appear with Bryan Cranston, Alicia Keyes and DJ Khaled as part of the annual (RED) show. Only Alicia Keyes and DJ Khaled are listed as musical guests, Bono is not. The show is taped at 6840 Hollywood Blvd, across from the Dolby Theatre. Bono tends to appear annually, and as this is for product (RED) his focus may not be on the album.
- November 29, 2017: New York, NY, Contest through iHeart Radio Stations.This will be a listening session for the new album, with the band in attendance with a small studio audience. No performance is expected. More information available here.
- December 1, 2017: Worldwide, the new album Songs of Experience is released. It would be a good day for them to do some sort of surprise appearance, but we have no details at this time.
- December 2, 2017: New York, NY, Saturday Night Live. It is now confirmed that the band will appear on Saturday Night Live the day after the album is released. The host will be actress Saoirse Ronan. The show is taped at Rockefeller Center, in New York City.
We can also reveal that Bono and The Edge are expected to appear on Howard Stern’s talk radio program, and that it would be taped while the band are in New York City. The Howard Stern talk show airs on Sirius XM Radio. We have not yet confirmed the day that this will tape / air. This would be Bono and The Edge’s first appearance on Howard Stern, but for now should be considered a rumour until officially announced.
The promotional tour is expected to wrap up on December 3, 2017, for the Christmas season. A further special to be shown on the BBC was taped in London recently. Further interviews with radio and magazines are also expected throughout December.
Also of note, on Sunday night, November 26th, the band will be featured on 60 Minutes Australia in a pre-taped interview. See the clip below:
Thanks to Andrew for some of the information used to compile the above. We will update as further information is made available.