U2 Magazine 07
Initially published: 1983-05
Author: Geoff Parkyn, Editor
This is the seventh issue of U2’s first fan club magazine. The magazine is simple, black and white text on regular sized paper, stapled in the middle. The cover adds a bit of colour. The magazine was edited by Geoff Parkyn for the entire run.
- News (End of UK Tour, Upcoming dates, They Call it an Accident)
- U2 on the Tube Fan Reviews
- A Visit to Dublin with Bono
- The Unsinkable U2 by Carter Alan
- Lyrics (Sunday Bloody Sunday, New Year’s Day, Seconds, Like a Song, Surrender, Drowning Man)
- Pen Pals / Swops
- U2 Equipment Update
- Competition Results (Gig Review)
The Unsinkable U2 was written by WBWC disc jockey, Carter Alan, an early supporter of U2 in the US. The article details their 1982 opening US show in New Orleans.