"Creamfields" - Oakenfold, Paul
U2 Related Content:
- "Beautiful Day" (Paul Oakenfold 2004 Mix) - U2 (06:54)
Full Track Listing:
- Point Zero – Matt Darey pres Li Kwan (7:43)
- I Found U – Interstate (5:49)
- First Sight – Duran and Aytek (5:18)
- Wadi – Sultan & The Greek (5:33)
- Clear Blue – Markus Schulz presents Elevation (6:16)
- Como Tu (Paul Oakenfold Mix) – Carlos Vives (7:00)
- 12 – Tilt (6:32)
- Living The Dream – D-Fuse (8:01)
- Space Manoeuveres Part 3 – Quivver (4:09)
- The World Doesn’t Know – Tilt (5:22)
- Jump the Next Train (Probspot Remix) – Young Parisians featuring Ben Lost (7:27)
- Ocean of Love – DJ Suzy Solar (5:36)
- One Day – NuBreed & Luke Chable (4:29)
- Nice Guys Finish Last – Pinkbox Special (4:51)
- Cages (Lemon 8 Mix) – Girl Nobody (6:02)
- Scatterbomb (Original String Mix) – The Sneaker (5:44)
- Perfect Wave – Peter Martin presents Anthanasia (4:32)
- Time of Your Live (Shane 54 Mix) – Oakenfold (5:43)
- People Want to Be Needed – Auranaut (5:43)
- Particle – Stel & Good News (5:14)
- Beautiful Day (Paul Oakenfold 2004 Mix) – U2 (6:54)
- Lizard (Paul Oakenfold 2004 Mix) – Mauro Picotto (7:23)
- I’m Not Fooled (JOOF Tranced Out Mix) – John ‘00’ Fleming (7:02)
Paul Oakenfold is an English music producer and DJ. He is the man behind the Perfecto Records music label. He first worked with U2 on a remix of “Even Better than the Real Thing” for the single released in 1992. He has continued to work with U2 on projects throughout the years. He also featured as an opening DJ on the later part of the Zoo TV tour in 1993.
This compilation is mixed by Oakenfold and is a continuous mix. The album was put together by Oakenfold to celebrate the dance music festival in the UK. Oakenfold performed as a DJ at the 2004 festival, and much of his set from that festival are represented here on this release. The release was an attempt to capture the essense of one of his DJ sessions on a studio recording.
Included here is U2’s “Beautiful Day (Paul Oakenfold 2004 Mix)” released here for the first time. It is a new mix of the song by Oakenfold who had previously mixed the song in 2000 as “The Perfecto Mix”. The “Paul Oakenfold 2004 Mix” is a typical sounding Oakenfold mix with lengthy instrumental passages at the start and end, but there is a nice lyrical passage very focused on Bono’s voice towards the center of the song. The compilation is mixed together as one continuous mix and the songs preceding and following Beautiful Day can be heard at the start and the end of the track.
Beautiful Day (Paul Oakenfold 2004 Mix): Written by Bono / The Edge / U2. Produced by Daniel Lanois and Brian Eno. Remixed by Paul Oakenfold. Programming and additional production by Ian Green.