"Pavarotti & Friends: Together for the Children of Bosnia" - Pavarotti, Luciano
U2 Related Content:
- "Miss Sarajevo" (Live from Modena, September 12, 1995) - Bono, The Edge, Pavarotti, Brian Eno (06:22)
- "One" (Live from Modena, Sep. 12, 1995 - Edit II) - Passengers (05:06)
- "Nessun Dorma" (Live from Modena, Sep. 12, 1995) - Pavarotti & Friends (Bono and the Edge sing) (02:57)
Full Track Listing:
- Per Colpa Di Chi? – Zucchero (4:04)
- Serenata Rap / Mattinata – Pavarotti / Jovanotti (4:26)
- Can We Go Higher? – Nenad Bach (4:28)
- Ordinary World – Pavarotti / Simon Le Bon (5:57)
- Clap Clap – Gam Gam (5:03)
- Miss Sarajevo – Passengers (6:22)
- Cosi Celeste – Pavarotti / Zucchero (4:55)
- Linger – Dolores O’Riordan / Simon Le Bon (4:58)
- Come Back to Sorrento – Pavarotti / Meatloaf (3:25)
- Penso Positivo – Jovanotti (6:15)
- Vesti La Glubba – Pavarotti / Michael Bolton (3:32)
- Heaven Can Wait – Meatloaf (5:21)
- Ave Maria – Pavarotti / Dolores O’Riordan (4:03)
- One – Brian Eno / Bono / The Edge (5:06)
- The Long Black Veil – The Chieftens (5:33)
- Funiculi, Funicula – The Chieftens / Pavarotti (2:25)
- Nessun Dorma – Ensemble (2:57)
In 1995 U2 worked on the Passengers project with outside guests, producing an album called “Original Soundtracks 1”. Guests on that project included Brian Eno taking a bigger role musically than he had in the past, as well as Luciano Pavarotti, who particpated on the song “Miss Sarajevo” which was released as a single from the album.
That same year, Bono and The Edge, as well as Brian Eno agreed to appear at Pavarotti’s annual benefit concert held in Modena Italy. The concert in that year was held September 12, 1995 at Parco Novi Sad. In attendance was Diana, The Princess of Wales. Bono and The Edge, along with Brian Eno performed “One” and “Miss Sarajevo”, with orchestral arrangements by Craig Armstrong. Pavarotti guested on “Miss Saravjevo” as he had on the album. At the end of the benefit performance, many performers including Bono and the Edge, returned to the stage to perform on “Nessun Dorma”.
The entire performance was released on video as well as in audio format the following year. Included are the three tracks on which members of U2 participated, “Miss Sarajevo”, “One” and “Nessun Dorma”. A portion of the proceeds from the concert and the recording were donated to War Child, to help the children of war-torn Bosnia.
When “Miss Sarajevo” was released as a single it too included this performance of “One” from September 12, 1995. That version was edited different so that it is 5:32 in length instead of 5:06 as found on this release, but they are from the same performance of the song.
Written by Brian Eno / Hewson / Evans / Clayton / Mullen. Arrangement by Craig Armstrong. Performed by Passengers: Brian Eno, Bono, The Edge and Luciano Pavarotti. Orchestra: L’Orchestra Filarmonica di Torino. Conducted by Michael Kamen. Live from the Parco Novi Sad, Modena, 12 September 1995.
Written by Hewson / Evans / Clayton / Mullen. Arrangment by Craig Armstrong. Performed by Passengers: Brian Eno, Bono, The Edge. Orchestra: L’Orchestra Filarmonica di Torino. Conducted by Michael Kamen. Live from the Parco Novi Sad, Modena, 12 September 1995.
Written by Puccini, Alfano, Adami, Simoni. Performed by Luciano Pavarotti, Bono, The Edge, Brian Eno, Dolores O’Riordan, Jovanotti, Meatloaf, Michael Bolton, Nenad Bach, Simon Le Bon and Zucchero. Orchestra: L’Orchestra Filarmonica di Torino. Conducted by Marco Armiliato. Live from the Parco Novi Sad, Modena, 12 September 1995.
Producer: Mike Woolcock. Recording engineer: John Pellowe. Assitant Engineers: Neil Hutchinson, Stephen McLaughlin, Michael Stuart. Recording editors: Eddie Jones & Jenni Whiteside. Recording location: Parco Novi Sad, Modena, 12 September 1995.
Related Promotional Videos
- Miss Sarajevo (Live Version by Maurice Linanne) (06:02)
- Miss Sarajevo (Documentary Version by Bill Carter) (05:30)