"Another Time, Another Place" - U2
Fan Club Album
- "The Ocean" (Live from London, Sep. 29, 1980) - U2 (02:04)
- "11 O'Clock Tick Tock" (Live from London, Sep. 29, 1980) - U2 (04:51)
- "I Will Follow" (Live from London, Sep. 29, 1980) - U2 (03:49)
- "An Cat Dubh / Into the Heart" (Live from London, Sep. 29, 1980) - U2 (08:01)
- "A Day Without Me" (Live from London, Sep. 29, 1980) - U2 (03:08)
- "The Electric Co." (Live from London, Sep. 29, 1980) - U2 (04:33)
- "Things to Make and Do" (Live from London, Sep. 29, 1980) - U2 (02:25)
- "Stories for Boys" (Live from London, Sep. 29, 1980) - U2 (02:57)
- "Boy / Girl" (Live from London, Sep. 29, 1980) - U2 (03:26)
- "Out of Control" (Live from London, Sep. 29, 1980) - U2 (04:07)
- "Another Time, Another Place (Bono Remembers the Marquee)" (Spoken Word) - Bono (06:17)
This was the 2014 / 2015 Subscription gift from U2.com. “Another Time, Another Place” was a double 10-inch vinyl record set, with live tracks taken from a 1980 performance at the Marquee Club in London. This was the first vinyl pressed for fan club members, all previous audio gifts had been released in CD format.
The gift was announced on November 25, 2014, listing “Recorded in a small club with just a few hundred in the audience, this rare live set comes from a period when the band were taking early songs like The Electric Co, I Will Follow and Out of Control on the road across Ireland and the UK. The ideal companion to North Side Story, the definitive account of the band’s Dublin rise from Out of Control to Under A Blood Red Sky (see below), this limited-edition release is only available to U2.com subscribers. Produced on vinyl, true to the show’s original vintage, you’ll also be able to digitally download the entire set. (Cover artwork, title and tracklisting to be announced. Physical delivery expected Spring 2015. Some tracks available to download in advance)” At that time the performance to be released was not identified.
On February 8, 2015, the full title of the album, as well as the cover of the vinyl was released through U2.com. And the track listing was announced in April of 2015, where information was updated to say that the vinyl would ship in July 2015. First copies of the album started to appear in mailboxes on July 29, 2015, and mail outs of the album continued throughout August of 2015.
The vinyl was produced by GZ Vinyl in the Czech Republic with the catalog number U2COMV10. The package includes a gatefold sleeve, each side holding one vinyl in a plastic sleeve. There are two inner sleeves included, but these do not fit into the gatefold, and were just packaged inside the center of the gatefold instead. The whole package was delivered stretch wrapped.
Sides 1, 2 & 3 recorded live at the Marquee, London, September 29th, 1980. Recorded by Tim Painter. Produced and Mixed by Declan Gaffney. Project Manager: Brian Celler. Album Coordinator: Nadine King. U2.com: Martin Wroe, Sebastian Clayton, Django Bayless and Tim Honan. Masteringn by Scott Sedillo at Bernie Grundman Mastering.
Cover Photography by Phil Sheehy
Sleeve design by Shaughn McGrath, Amp Visual
Related Promotional Videos
- 2015-08-05 Another Time, Another Place is Coming (Original story)
- 2015-08-25 Another Time, Another Place (Original story)
- 2015-08-05 Another Time, Another Place Arriving in Mailboxes (Original story (u2wanderer.org))
- 2015-07-23 Release News: Song for Someone / Fan Club. (Original story (u2wanderer.org))
- 2015-04-30 Fan Club Track List Announced (Original story (u2wanderer.org))
- 2015-02-08 Fan Club Gift: Live at the Marquee (Original story (u2wanderer.org))
- 2014-11-25 2015 Subscription Package Announced (Original story (u2wanderer.org))