"Magnificent" - U2
- "Magnificent" (Edit) - U2 (04:24)
- "Get On Your Boots" (Justice Remix) - U2 (03:26)
- "Magnificent" (Dave Audé Club Remix) - U2 (07:33)
- "Magnificent" (Dave Audé Club Dub Mix) - U2 (07:47)
- "Magnificent" (Fred Falke Full Club Mix) - U2 (07:22)
- "Magnificent" (Adam K and Soha Club Mix) - U2 (06:16)
- "Magnificent" (Adam K and Soha Dub Mix) - U2 (06:16)
- "Magnificent" (Wonderland Remix) - U2 (09:58)
- "Magnificent" (Wonderland Dub Remix) - U2 (06:55)
- "Magnificent" (Redanka’s 180 Version) - U2 (08:19)
- "Magnificent" (Redanka’s 360 Remix) - U2 (07:24)
- "Magnificent" (Fred Falke Instrumental) - U2 (7:20)
- "Magnificent " (Fred Falke Radio Remix) - U2 (03:58)
The second single released to promote the album “No Line on the Horizon” was “Magnificent”. The first promotional single for the album was reported showing up at US radio stations on March 3, 2009. This version was a CDR, released in a regular jewel case, and containing printed front and back inserts. The edit version of the song cuts out most of the lengthy instrumental at the start of the album version of the song. Here instead, the vocals stars approximately 20 seconds after the song begins.
In the UK the first reported CD for promotion came in a slimline jewel case with full inserts. The print on the CD was black with Magnificent written in red, and all other text in white. A second version of the UK promotional single was grey with Magnificent in red, and all other text in white. Some of the UK cds are stickered with a date of March 4, 2009. A number of CDRs were burned in the UK for use for promotion. Most of these circulated in a clear plastic wallet, with a simple text insert. Although at least one version had a colour insert and was identified as “U2CDMREMIX” on that sleeve and contained five remixes.
A commercial single containing 10 remixes of the title track was released in the USA. Prior to the release of that single a promotional CD was released containing the same tracks. This was released in a regular jewel case with full colour inserts. The disc itself was a CDR. This version for promotion had a different sleeve than the eventual commercial release of these remixes.
An oddity, a CD appeared in Columbia which contained the tracks from the “Magnificent” single, including “Get On Your Boots (Justice Remix)” and two “Magnificent” remixes. This had a unique card sleeve which was white on the front with the U2 logo in grey, and black on the back with the U2 logo in grey. “Get On Your Boots” was the first song on this release, but it is obviously a single used to promote “Magnificent” so it is included here. The CD itself does not list a title.
Music by U2, Brian Eno, Danny Lanois. Lyrics by Bono and The Edge. Produced by Brian Eno and Danny Lanois. Additional production by Steve Lillywhite. Engineered by Richard Rainey. Assisted by Chris Heaney. Additional engineering by Carl Glanville, Declan Gaffney and Dave Emery. Mixed by Cenzo Townshend. Assisted by Neil Comber. Additional keyboards by Terry Lawless, Bono and will.i.am.