"Revival of the Fittest" - U2
- "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" (Studio Version) - U2 (04:37)
- "Where the Streets Have No Name" (Single Version) - U2 (04:50)
- "With or Without You" (Studio Version) - U2 (04:55)
- "In God's Country" (Studio Version) - U2 (02:56)
- "Sunday Bloody Sunday" (Edit) - U2 (03:55)
- "Gloria" (Live from Denver, CO, Jun. 5, 1983 - Fade In / Out) - U2 (04:40)
- "New Year's Day" (7-Inch Single Edit) - U2 (03:56)
- "Two Hearts Beat as One" (7-Inch Edit) - U2 (03:52)
- "I Will Follow" (Live from St. Goarshausen, Aug. 20, 1983 - Single Edit) - U2 (03:36)
- "Pride (In the Name of Love)" (Studio Version) - U2 (03:50)
The “Revival of the Fittest” was a re-release series put out by Island Records. The series featured a number of 7-inch singles, rereleased by Island in 1989 with a yellow label, and in a black generic “Revival of the Fittest” sleeve. U2 were not the only artist that had singles reissued under this program, releases also exist for Traffic, Robert Palmer, Malcolm McLaren, Bob Marley and the Wailers, Frankie Goes to Hollywood and others. The series saw an A-side on each side of the vinyl, and each was labeled with their initial release dates.
U2’s singles released in this manner were as follows:
- With or Without You / In God’s Country
- I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For / Where the Streets Have No Name
- Sunday Bloody Sunday (Edit) / Gloria (Live)
- New Year’s Day (Edit) / Two Hearts Beat as One (7-inch Edit)
- I Will Follow (Live) / Pride (In the Name of Love)
Both “I Will Follow” and “Gloria” are taken from the live album Under a Blood Red Sky. They are both edited here so that they fade in and out of the track. The other unique release to this set is an edited version of “Sunday Bloody Sunday”. This edit removes some of the introduction to the song.
These were issued as five distinct releases, and not as a set. We only group them together here as they were all part of the same series. Each release has their own unique UPC and catalog number. These were all issued at the same time in 1989.