"Songs of Innocence +" - U2
- "Lucifer's Hands" (Studio Version) - U2 (03:55)
- "The Crystal Ballroom" (Studio Version) - U2 (04:40)
- "Every Breaking Wave" (From Acoustic Sessions) - U2 (04:28)
- "California (There is no End to Love)" (From Acoustic Sessions) - U2. (03:19)
- "Raised by Wolves" (From Acoustic Sessions) - U2 (03:57)
- "Cedarwood Road" (From Acoustic Sessions) - U2 (03:18)
- "Song for Someone" (From Acoustic Sessions) - U2 (03:36)
- "The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)" (Busker Version) - U2 (04:07)
- "The Troubles" (Alternate Version) - U2 (04:32)
- "Sleep Like a Baby Tonight" (Alternative Perspective Mix by Tchad Blake) - U2 (05:18)
- "Invisible" (Studio Version) - U2 (04:45)
On October 14, 2014, once the exclusive period in which “Songs of Innocence” was gifted to users of iTunes, the commercial version of the album went on sale to iTunes users. The original understanding was that iTunes had the album for free, and then retailers would get exclusive deluxe material in store for a period in which Apple would be unable to offer this material. The deluxe version of “Songs of Innocence” contained two new songs, two alternate songs, a new version of “Invisible” which was a hidden track, and six acoustic songs.
The only material that proved to be exclusive to retail however was the new songs, the alternate songs and “Invisible”. On October 14, 2014, in worldwide iTunes stores, Apple began to offer an album titled “Songs of Innocence +” for sale. The full album contained all the material the deluxe disc had at retail. The full disc would not be available until November 18, 2014. However, five of the six acoustic songs were made available right away for purchase, and could be purchased individually. The only acoustic track not available right away was “The Miracle (of Joey Ramone) (Busker Version)” which will be released on November 18, 2014, along with the remainder of the bonus tracks.
A digital booklet was also offered with this set, and that too would not be available until November 18, 2014.
The notes on iTunes read as follows:
Created during the recording sessions from their powerful new album, U2’s Songs of Innocence + is a dazzling collection of previously unheard material and alternate mixes of album tracks. Some ofthe band’s most personal songs to date are presented even more intimately here, including piano-based versions of “Every Breaking Wave” and “Song for Someone.” Previously unreleased tracks such as the psychedelic “Lucifer’s Hands” and neon disco-rock of “The Crystal Ballroom” provide a stirring snapshot of the recording sessions behind Songs of Innocence.
When you pre-order Songs of Innocence +, all available tracks will start downloading immediately. You’ll be charged for the tracks, and the remainder of the album’s cost will be charged separately when it becomes available. An email will remind you to download your copy.
The release was labeled “Mastered for iTunes”, and the files were 256kbps. The cover image used for these files is the cover for the physical version of the album.