"Summer of Love" - U2
- "Summer of Love" (Radio Edit) - U2 (03:19)
- "Summer of Love" (Robin Schulz Extended Remix) - U2 (04:39)
- "Summer of Love" (Robin Schulz Remix) - U2 (03:34)
- "Summer of Love" (Heatwave HP. Hoeger Rusty Egan Mix) - U2 (04:59)
- "Summer of Love" ('Beach Me' Howie B Remix) - U2 (08:40)
- "Summer of Love" (TILT & Danny Stubbs Perfecto Remix) - U2 (05:15)
- "Summer of Love" (DJLW Remix) - U2 (04:49)
- "Summer of Love" (DJLW Radio) - U2 (03:33)
- "Summer of Love" (Hardwell Remix) - U2 (03:53)
- "Summer of Love" (Ralphi Rosario Club Mix) - U2 (06:49)
- "Summer of Love" (Ralphi Rosario Dub Mixx) - U2 (06:52)
- "Summer of Love" (Ralphi Rosario Radio Edit) - U2 (04:09)
- "Summer of Love" (Ralphi's Summer Love Mix) - U2 (06:32)
- "Summer of Love" (MINDSKAP Remix) - U2 (05:56)
- "Summer of Love" (Mike Cruz Remix) - U2 (08:03)
- "Summer of Love" (Mike Cruz Dub) - U2 (07:33)
- "Summer of Love" (Mike Cruz Radio Edit) - U2 (04:24)
- "Summer of Love" (UNDERHER Remix) - U2 (05:36)
- "Summer of Love" (Myke Rossi Remix) - U2 (06:09)
- "Summer of Love" (House of Frappier Tech-House Mix) - U2 (04:45)
- "Summer of Love" (House of Frappier Tech-House Dub) - U2 (04:45)
- "Summer of Love" (Tweaka Turner Nu-Trance Mix) - U2 (05:18)
“Summer of Love” was first delivered to radio in January 2018 in The Netherlands as well as some distribution to DJs in UK and Europe. The version of the song that was distributed was a slight edit of the album track, and has some silence removed at the end of the track, as well as fading out slightly earlier, resulting in a track that is 4.75s shorter than the album version. This “Radio Edit” of the song was distributed digitally to radio stations, and no promotional CDs were pressed for this item, however the compilation “Essential Hits Issue 155“ which is distributed to promote music to DJs did feature this shorter edit of the song.
The early radio promotion of the song was restricted to The Netherlands and several related territories. It was an early run to see how the song might perform without a full release. A wider release has just been done digitally for radio in Europe, and we are trying to confirm if the same “Radio Edit” of the song has been used.
On Thursday August 9, two remixes were also distributed for promotion of the song among DJs. This was done ahead of the commercial release of a four track remix EP of “Summer of Love”. Again, these remixes are being distributed digitally and at this time a physical promotional release is not planned. Both mixes sent out for promotion are by producer Robin Schulz. This includes the “Robin Schulz Remix” which is the same version that was available in the commercial EP at 03:35 in length, as well as the longer “Robin Schulz Extended Remix” at 04:39 in length. These promos by Robin Schulz were accompanied by digital artwork which mentions Schulz on the artwork (seen below.) Since that time a number of remixes have been released as part of the promotional campaign. Including the two mixes by Robin Schulz listed above this includes:
- August 9, 2018: Two remixes by Robin Schulz.
- August 17, 2018: The TILT & Danny Stubbs Remix
- August 20, 2018: Heatwave HP Hoeger Rusty Egan Mix
- September 4, 2018: Two remixes by DJ Lynnwood
- September 7, 2018: Hardwell Remix
- September 11, 2018: Three remixes by Ralphi Rosario (Club Mix, Radio Edit, Dub Mix)
- September 18, 2018: Another remix by Ralphi Rosario and one by MINDSKAP
- September 29, 2018: Three remixes by Mike Cruz (Remix, Dub, and Radio Edit)
- October 13, 2018: Remixes from UNDERHER, Myke Rossi, House of Frappier (Tech-House Mix and Dub), and Tweaka Turner)
On August 15, 2018, a four track EP was sent to digital promotion to DJs in the UK and Europe featuring a new mix by HP Hoeger and Rusty Egan. The track called the “Heatwave HP. Hoeger Rusty Egan Mix” was released with three tracks from the commercial remix, the “Robin Schulz Remix”, “The TILT & Danny Stubbs Remix”, and the “Beach Me Howie B. Remix”.
U2 has also been releasing audio of these promotional mixes through their YouTube Account. These mixes have been released with a simple video which features a slight animation of the artwork, and the name of the mix.
On September 7, 2018 the following were released on the U2official account on YouTube:
- Hardwell Remix (03:55)
- TILT & Danny Stubbs Perfecto Remix (05:10)
- HP Hoeger Rusty Egan Driftaway Mix (04:24)
- ‘Beach Me’ Howie B Remix (08:39)
- Heatwave HP Hoeger Rusty Egan Mix (05:00)
- Robin Schulz Remix (03:35)
On September 13, 2018 the following were added to the same channel:
- DJLW Remix (04:49)
- MINDSKAP Remix (05:57)
- Ralphi’s Summer Love Remix (06:33)
- Ralphi Rosario Radio Edit (04:10)
It is known that further mixes have been submitted of “Summer of Love” including two further mixes by Hoeger and Egan that are expected to be released soon for promotion, the Chill Mix and the Sunset Mix. Another remix featuring Lauren Jauregui from Fifth Harmony is also expected to be released soon. And a third remix by DJ Lynnwood, a Dub Mix, has also been shared by the DJ directly on his website.
Unlike the “Love is Bigger Than Anything in its Way” campaign which targeted the USA charts and DJs located in the USA, the campaign for “Summer of Love” will target dance charts in Europe and the UK, and DJs residing in that region, as the tour moves to Europe.
Related Promotional Videos
- 2018-10-25 Summer of Love: Tweaka Turner Interview (Original Story)
- 2018-08-28 Summer of Love: U2 Meets Fifth Harmony (Original Story)
- 2018-08-14 Summer of Love: Interview with TILT & Danny Stubbs (Original Story)