"The Best of 1990 - 2000" - U2
Remastered Collection (2018 Master)
- "Even Better Than the Real Thing" (Studio Version) - U2 (03:41)
- "Mysterious Ways" (Best of 1990 - 2000 Version) - U2 (04:03)
- "Beautiful Day" (Studio Version) - U2 (04:08)
- "Electrical Storm" (William Orbit Mix) - U2 (04:42)
- "One" (Studio Version) - U2 (04:36)
- "Miss Sarajevo" (Radio Edit) - Passengers (featuring Pavarotti) (04:32)
- "Stay (Faraway, So Close!)" (Studio Version) - U2 (04:58)
- "Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of" (Studio Version) - U2 (04:35)
- "Gone" (New Mix - Mike Hedges) - U2 (04:34)
- "Until the End of the World" (Studio Version) - U2 (04:38)
- "The Hands that Built America" (Studio Version) - U2 (04:59)
- "Discothèque" (New Mix - Mike Hedges) - U2 (04:42)
- "Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me" (Soundtrack Version) - U2 (04:46)
- "Staring at the Sun" (New Mix - Mike Hedges) - U2 (04:49)
- "The First Time" (Studio Version) - U2 (03:45)
On July 27, 2018, this release was officially announced. This discography entry is for an upcoming release, and as such, the information in this entry may change between now and the actual date of release.
This is a new remastered version of The Best of 1990 – 2010, which will be released on vinyl only, and will feature two 12-inch vinyl, and will include a download card to download the audio files in an electronic format. Based on previous releases, these downloads should be in WAV format, and the vinyl should also include special printed inner sleeves. The vinyl will be on 180g vinyl.
Although released on vinyl in 2002, this set has become very limited and is priced quite high on the collectible market. This new version coming this fall, will replicate the original tracklisting on vinyl. As this is a remastered version of the original audio, there may be some variation in the audio from the original set.
This set will be released September 28th, 2018, and will be available worldwide. The catalog number for this release is 5797099. It is expected that this will be pressed in one location, and that version will be sold worldwide.
The press release for this set reads, “Island Records, Interscope and UMC today announce the vinyl reissue of The Best of 1990-2000 from U2, remastered and pressed on 180g double LP black vinyl and available on September 28th. The release will follow that of Achtung Baby (1991), Zooropa (1993) and The Best of 1980-1990 (1998) – all also remastered and pressed on 180g double LP black vinyl – out now.”
“Originally released in November 2002, The Best of 1990-2000 was the second compilation release from U2, the follow up to The Best of 1980-1990. It contained two newly recorded tracks – ‘Electrical Storm’ and ‘The Hands That Built America’ – the latter written for and features on the soundtrack to the 2002 film ‘Gangs Of New York’. And a selection of tracks were remixed by Mike Hedges for inclusion on the 2002 compilation. The album has now being fully remastered for the double vinyl reissue and will include a download card.”