"The Joshua Tree Tour 2017 Official Invite" - U2
Track Listing (Side A):
- "Where the Streets Have No Name" (Studio Version) - U2 (05:37)
- "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" (Studio Version) - U2 (04:37)
- "With or Without You" (Studio Version) - U2 (04:55)
- "Bullet the Blue Sky" (Studio Version) - U2 (04:31)
- "Running to Stand Still" (Studio Version) - U2 (04:17)
- "Red Hill Mining Town" (Studio Version) - U2 (04:53)
Track Listing (Side B):
- "In God's Country" (Studio Version) (02:56) - U2
- "Trip Through Your Wires" (Studio Version) (03:32) - U2
- "One Tree Hill" (Studio Version) (05:22) - U2
- "Exit" (Studio Version) (04:13) - U2
- "Mothers of the Disappeared" (Studio Version) (05:12) - U2
During The Joshua Tree 2017 tour, a number of special cassettes were produced, in very small quantities, and delivered to media persons such as music journalists to invite them to attend a concert on the tour. These cassettes were made available prior to the start of the tour, and the tour was being supported with a new release of The Joshua Tree for the album’s 30th anniversary.
Cassettes were produced for a number of known shows. These included:
- Rose Bowl, Los Angeles, CA Saturday 20th and Sunday 21st May
- Met Life Stadium, E. Rutherford, NJ Thursday 29th June
- Twickenham Stadium, Saturday 8th July
- Twickenham Stadium, Sunday 9th July
- Dublin Croke Park, Saturday 22nd July
The front cover of each cassette lists “The Joshua Tree Tour 2017 Official Invite” and uses the image used on the front of the new 30th anniversary box with the golden tree and the sunburst behind the tree. Below the tree is listed the date of the show that the invitation was for, written on two lines, exactly as written above for each cassette. For the Rose Bowl, the cassette listed two dates on the front. For Twickenham (London) a cassette was produced for each night.
There is an inner flap featuring a photo of U2 from 1987. The interior of the insert features one of the images used on the album the first time it was released. The cassette itself is gold plastic. The tracks for both sides are listed on the cassette, but some copies came with the listing only on one side of the cassette (See images below)
Perhaps interesting is that “Red Hill Mining Town” does indeed now feature on Side A of the cassette version here. We have listened to the cassette from Croke Park to confirm that this is the case.
Photos by Anton Corbijn.
©2017 Island Records Ltd. For Promotional Use Only / Not for Resale