"U22 Preview Tracks U2.Com" - U2
Track Listing: (Unique Tracks to This Entry)
- "Even Better Than the Real Thing" (Live from Mexico City, May 15, 2011 - Fade In / Out) - U2 (04:28)
- "One Tree Hill" (Live from Auckland, Nov. 26, 2010 - Fade In / Out) - U2 (05:31)
- "All I Want Is You / Love Rescue Me" (Live from Sydney, Dec.14, 2010 - Fade In / Out) - U2 (09:57)
- "Unknown Caller" (Live from London, Aug. 14, 2009 - Fade In / Out) - U2 (06:22)
Track Listing: (Tracks Duplicated on U22):
- "City Of Blinding Lights" (Live from Nice, Jul. 15, 2009) (05:30) - U2
- "Elevation " (Live from Gelsenkirchen, Aug. 3, 2009) (04:02) - U2
- "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" (Live from Johannesburg, Feb. 13, 2011) (05:13) - U2 (featuring Hugh Masakela)
- "Magnificent" (Live from Zurich, Sep. 11, 2010) (05:32) - U2
- "Stay (Faraway, So Close!) " (Live from Chicago, Jul. 5, 2011) (4:52) - U2
- "The Unforgettable Fire" (Live from Gothenburg, Jul. 31, 2009) (04:48) - U2
- "Ultra Violet (Light My Way)" (Live from Coimbra, Oct. 3, 2010) (05:14) - U2
- "With or Without You" (Live from London, Aug. 14, 2009) (05:55) - U2
While subscribers waited for the entire “U22” album to be pressed and released to the fan club, U2.com released tracks to subscribers. The first track released was “Even Better Than the Real Thing” recorded live in Mexico City on May 15, 2011. The track was released to subscribers on January 29th, 2011. The second track followed almost a month later on February 21, 2011. That track was “One Tree Hill” recorded live in Auckland NZ on November 26, 2011 at Mount Smart Stadium. A third track followed on April 4, 2011 for subscribers. This time it was “All I Want is You / Love Rescue Me” recorded live at Anz Stadium, Sydney Australia on December 14, 2011. Each of these three tracks differs slightly from the version eventually released on the “U22” album, as each track fades in and fades out again at the end. The tracks as released on “U22” do not have these fades at the start and the end of the track.
On May 16th, 2011 a fourth track was released, this time it was a track that did not make the final “U22” track list. Fans had been able to choose between 46 songs to be on “U22” and only 22 songs made the final compilation. However, U2.com released one of these tracks that did not have the votes to make the final compilation, and released “Unknown Caller”. The majority of the song was performed on August 14, 2009 in London England at Wembley Stadium. However, the first verse of the song includes a slight change in the lyric edited in from the August 15, 2009 show at London’s Wembley Stadium. On August 14, 2009 Bono sang “in a place of no company… or sufferecy” and on the 15th it was ““in a place of no consequence… or company” which is what is present here. Other than that line, the entire performance appears to be from the August 14, 2009 show. At this time it is the only one of the 24 songs that didn’t make the cut for “U22” that has been released. “Unknown Caller” fades in at the start and end of the track like the first three tracks released from the show.
On May 20th, 2011, eight additional tracks were released to subscribers of u2.com. These tracks included “City of Blinding Lights”, “Elevation”, “I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For”, “Magnificent”, “Stay”, “The Unforgettable Fire”, “Ultraviolet” and “With or Without You”. All eight tracks were ripped directly from a copy of “U22” and as such do not fade in and out like the first four tracks preview tracks did. These eight tracks are in every way identical to the songs released on the “U22” CD. Further information on these tracks can be found on the entry for “U22”.
All of the preview tracks were released through the subscriber’s profile page on U2.com – and each could be downloaded individually. After all twelve tracks were made available, one big zip file was available for download as well, or you could still download the individual tracks. The files were mp3 files at 320kbps quality.
No traditional liner notes in this digital download.