"Under A Blood Red Sky" - U2
40th Anniversary Edition
- "Gloria" (Live from Denver CO, Jun. 5, 1983 - Fade In) - U2 (04:47)
- "11 O'Clock Tick Tock" (Live from Boston, MA, May 6, 1983) - U2 (04:41)
- "I Will Follow" (Live from St. Goarshausen, Aug. 20, 1983 - Edit IV) - U2 (03:46)
- "Party Girl" (Live from Denver CO, Jun. 5, 1983 - Edit I) - U2 (03:09)
- "Sunday Bloody Sunday" (Live from St.Goarshausen, Aug. 20, 1983 - Edit I) - U2 (05:18)
- "The Electric Co." (Live from St. Goarshausen, Aug. 20, 1983 - Edit III) - U2 (04:38)
- "New Year's Day" (Live from St. Goarshausen, Aug. 20, 1983) - U2 (04:36)
- "40" (Live from St. Goarshausen, Germany, Aug. 20, 1983 - Edit I) - U2 (03:46)
Notes on Track Timings
If a track is within a couple of seconds, and has no differences in music or lyrics we will combine with other entries. This album release has “11 O’Clock Tick Tock” at (04:40), “Party Girl” at (03:36), “New Year’s Day” at (04:35) and “40” at (03:47) – in all cases less than a few seconds from the timings listed above and with no differences in lyrics.
The 40th anniversary edition of Under A Blood Red Sky was released on November 23, 2023. A physical copy in red vinyl was released for Record Store Day’s Black Friday event. A digital copy was released on digital storefronts and streaming sites on the same day. A high resolution audio copy was also released. The new master of the album was done by Bernie Grundman Mastering.
The 12-inch record, announced October 11, 2023, is pressed on red vinyl, and has printed inner sleeves and a gatefold outer sleeve. Also included is a folded two sided poster. This is the first time the album has had a gatefold cover, and the inner area features a photo taken from the Red Rocks performance. The album will be limited to 7000 copies in the United States, with more copies available worldwide. (This is a similar number to “Gloria”, “11 O’Clock Tick Tock” and “Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me” singles released via Record Store Day. Records in the past limited to 7000-copies in the US, have had a total print run of 17,000 copies. For more information on total numbers see our news article here.)
Under A Blood Red Sky was originally released on November 21, 1983. In 2008, a new remaster was released with remastering directed by The Edge. The album features tracks from three different concerts, two tracks from the performance at Red Rocks, Denver, on June 5, 1983, one track from Boston on May 6, 1983, and the bulk of the tracks are taken from a performance at St. Goarshausen, Germany on August 20, 1983.
U2 have participated in most Record Store Day Events since the April 2017 event, and have participated sporadically before that. We maintain a full list of U2’s Record Store Day releases here.
Mixed by Shelly Yakus at The Hit Factory, NYC.
Assistant Engineering by Bobby Cohen.
Mastered by Stephen Marcussen at Precision Lacquer, LA
Design by RX for The Creative Department, Dublin
Produced by Jimmy Iovine.
Re-Mastering Directed by The Edge.
Re-Mastering Engineering by Scott Sedillo at Bernie Grundman Mastering.
Photography by Greg Wigler and Anton Corbijn (lyric insert)
Creative Director: Gavin Friday
Art Direction and Design: Shaughn McGrath
Principle Management, Dublin: Nadine King, Kelly McNamara
Full Stop Management, Los Angeles: Irving Azoff, Jeffrey Azoff, Brandon Rieck, Kate Rancko
Related Promotional Videos
- 2023-11-23 UABRS 2023 Remaster to get a Digital Release (Original Story)
- 2023-11-21 40 Years of Under A Blood Red Sky (Original Story)