"Atlantic's Year in Review 1995" - Various Artists
U2 Related Content:
- "Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me" (Edit) - U2 (04:37)
Full Track Listing:
- Only Wanna Be With You (LP Version) – Hootie and the Blowfish
- December – Collective Soul
- MIssing (Remix Edit) – Everything But the Girl
- I Can Love You Like That (LP Version) – All-4-One
- Solitude (Radio Edit) – Edwin McCain
- Brokenhearted (Radio Edit) – Brandy
- The Bomb (These Sounds Fall Into My Mind) (Radio Edit) – The Bucketheads
- Let Her Cry (Radio Edit) – Hootie and the Blowfish
- Hold On (LP Version) – Jamie Walters
- Runaway (Radio Mix) – The Corrs
- Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me (Edit) – U2
- Time (LP Version) – Hootie and the Blowfish
- The World I Know – Collective Soul
In 1995 U2 contributed to the “Batman Forever” soundtrack, which was released on Atlantic Records. Which meant that Atlantic Records had access to the song “Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me” for some of their internal promotional efforts including this sampler from 1995 titled “Atlantic’s Year in Review 1995”.
The mix, produced by John Weston, collects some of the biggest hits of 1995 for the Atlantic Records group, which of course included “Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me”. Included in the release is a timeline of events for 1995 which included a note under June which says “U2’s ‘Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me’ stays at #1 on the Modern Rock Monitor Chart.” under the entry for June 23.
The CD was released in a snap case.