"Essential Hits Issue 155" - Various Artists
U2 Related Content:
- "Summer of Love" (Radio Edit) - U2 (03:19)
Full Track Listing:
- “Ballans” (AWOL Remix Radio) – Alexandra Stan
- “Bedroom Calling” – Chromeo Featuring The Dream
- “Get Out” (Radio) – CHVRCHES
- “How Will I Know” (Game Chasers Radio Remix) – D.O.N.S Featuring Alexandra Prince
- “Dance” – DNCE
- “Personal” (PBH & Jack Shizzle Remix) – HRVY
- “Love Has Come Around” (Radio) – Icarus
- “Us” – Jennifer Lopez
- “Take Cover” (Radio) – Jordie Ireland
- “Say Something” – Justin Timberlake
- “Mother” (Radio) – Kiesza vs Chris Malinchak
- “Take Me Home” (Xenomania Radio) – Liz Asaro
- “Bad Vibe” (Original Radio) – MO, Lotto Boyzz & Me Eazi
- “Two High” – Moon Taxi
- “Whatever You Want” (Clean) – Pink
- “Relatch” – Peltsman Featuring Shenie Fogo
- “Helium” – Sia vs David Guetta and Afrojack
- “Magic” – Simple Minds
- “Taken A Tumble” – Stereophonics
- “Pray For Me” – The Weeknd & Kendrick Lamar
- “Boom” (Clean) – Tiesto & Sevenn
- “Summer of Love” – U2
A radio edit of “Summer of Love” was made available first to radio DJs in The Netherlands in late January / early February 2018, and then to club DJs in the UK in early February. It was made available to club DJs through the DMC music service, which produces compilations CDs of the newest tracks that labels would like to push to the clubs.
DMC is registered under the British Phonographic Industry to provide these compilation CDs, and are licensed to distribute the music that they do. Today DMC produces a number of legitimate promotional releases such as the “Essential Hits” series of CDs, highlighting the newest tracks that labels wish to push out to an audience. However, they also produce a line of “Bootleg” CDs containing mashups, and mega mixes of tracks, which are not legitimate remixes, but are tolerated by the label in return for the promotion done of other materials.
This disc with the edit of “Summer of Love” is the February issue of “Essential Hits”, issue 155 of the series, and was released on February 21, 2018 to DJs in the UK. The version of “Summer of Love” on this release is a light edit of the album version of the song, and is 4.75 seconds shorter overall, but most of this is the removal of the silence at the end of the track, only 1.68 seconds of music has been removed at the end, and the track fades out quicker than the album version.
This issue is distributed both electronically and physically in a CDR format. The CDR is distributed in a plastic wallet sleeve with a paper insert listing U2’s “Summer of Love” being “Indie Pop” and having 120 BPM.