"Grammy Nominees 2010" - Various Artists
U2 Related Content:
Full Track Listing:
- I Gotta Feeling – The Black Eyed Peas
- Poker Face – Lady Gaga
- Use Somebody – Kings of Leon
- You & Me – Dave Matthews Band
- You Belong With Me – Taylor Swift
- Fallin’ For You – Colbie Caillat
- You Found Me – The Fray
- Sober – Pink
- My Life would Suck Without You – Kelly Clarkson
- Hot N Cold – Katy Perry
- Halo – Beyonce
- Hometown Glory – Adele
- Chicken Fried – Zac Brown Band
- It Happens – Sugarland
- I Run to You – Lady Antebellum
- Here Comes Goodbye – Rascal Flatts
- 21 Guns – Green Day
- Life in Technicolour II – Coldplay
- I’ll Go Crazy if I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight – U2
- Can’t Find My Way Home – Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood
The “Grammy Nominees” is a series of compilation albums, with albums being released shortly before the airing of the annual Grammy Awards. In each case the compilation is made up of songs which have been nominated in some way for that years award ceremony. The compilations were started in 1995, and have been issued each year since that time. Other series have been attempted for rap and latin music, but those compilations have been discontinued at the time of the writing of this entry.
U2 appears on several of these compilations, starting with ““Grammy Nominees”, and including “Grammy Nominees 2002”, “Grammy Nominees 2005”, “Grammy Nominees 2006”, “Grammy Nominees 2008” and “Grammy Nominees 2010”.
The 2010 compilation was the fsixth time U2 appeared on these compilations, and the album was released January 19, 2010. The awards ceremony was held on January 31, 2010. U2 was nominated for “Best Rock Performance by a Duo / Group with Vocals” and “Best Rock Song” for “I’ll Go Crazy if I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight”. They were also nominated for “Best Rock Album” for “No Line on the Horizon”. U2 did not win in any of the three categories. It is “I“ll Go Crazy if I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight” which is included here on this compilation and it is the same version that is found on the album.
I’ll Go Crazy:
Written by Adam Clayton, David Evans, Paul David Hewson, Laurence Mullen. Produced by Steve Lillywhite and will.i.am.