"Mystery Land - The Official Registration" - Various Artists
U2 Related Content:
- "Staring at the Sun" (Rhythm Brothers Rmx) - U2 (04:54)
Full Track List:
- Feel Alive – Pure Orange
- Amazing (Antoine Clamaran Hard Bass Remix) – DJ Flex
- Thin Time (Bates45 Mix) – Benjamin Bates
- Fast Driving (JS16 Mix) – Dallas Superstars
- 3rd Earth (Marco V Remix) – Scott Bond vs Solar Stone
- Globalisation 2003 (2 AM Mix) – Fred Numf vs Five Point)
- As the Rush Comes (Gabriel & Dresden Sweeping Strings Mix) – Motorcycle
- Nothing But You (PVD Club Mix) – Paul van Dyk
- Staring at the Sun (Rhythm Brothers Remix) – U2
- My Religion (Long Version) – Pulser
- The Force – Cortez
- Anarchy (Don Diablo vs Meredith Remix) – Don Diablo
- Latin Lovers (Sufriendo Por Ella Mix) – Monika Kruse
- Holla – DJ Montana
- New Time, New Place – Mauro Picotto & Riccardo Ferri
- No Regular (M.I.K.E.‘s Electro Shock Remix) – Ricky Fobis
- Another Sweater – Michel De Hey vs Secret Cinema
- The End (Vanguard Remix) – Tube Tech
This compilation of dance tracks was released in the Netherlands on the Universal TV label. The set contained on CD and one DVD. On the CD is a remix of the live version of “Staring at the Sun“ from the PopHeart EP, remixed by Brothers in Rhythm.
In 2002, while promoting The Best of 1990 – 2000 compilation, U2 allowed Brothers in Rhythm to remix “Staring at the Sun” to promote the compilation in dance clubs. The result was a two track 12-inch single featuring the “Brothers in Rhythm Club Mix” at 09:02 on one side and the “Brothers in Rhythm Ambient Mix” at 05:29 on the other. Brothers in Rhythm are a trio of English producers / remixers.
In 2003 this dance compilation was released featuring yet another version of the song, the “Rhythm Brothers Remix” which is the shortest of the three mixes at 04:54 in length. It is part of a continuous mix on the CD, but the songs are pretty self contained. The mix is closer in sound to the full length club mix of the song, with the middle verse, and end instrumental bits cut out. That version was not released on CD.
These remixes would pop up again in 2010, when U2 included the “Brothers in Rhythm Ambient Mix” on the fan club release for that year, Artificial Horizon.
The DVD included with this dance compilation does not contain any U2 content. It is a DVD of performances at a Dutch electronic music festival, Mysteryland, featuring DJs like Timo Maas, Paul van Dyk and Ferry Corsten.
Staring at the Sun (Rhythm Brothers Rmx):
A. Clayton / L. Mullen / Bono / The Edge (U2 Music)