"London / Philips Classical" - Various Artists
U2 Related Track:
- "Miss Sarajevo" (Live from Modena, Sep. 12, 1995 - Fade In / Out - Edit) - Bono, The Edge, Pavarotti, Brian Eno (06:09)
Full Track Listing
- Miss Sarajevo (Live with Bono, Brian Eno & The Edge of U2) – Pavarotti and Friends
- Vesti La Giubba (with Michael Bolton) – Pavarotti and Friends
- Tamborin Chinois – Joshua Bell
- Sempre Libre (excerpt) – Angela Gheorgiu
- Allegro Vivace (excerpt) – Jean Yves-Thibaudet
- Per Piata (excerpt) – Renee Fleming
- Variation #1 – Christopher Rousset
- Javelin (excerpt) – Michael Torke
- Vocalise – Myung-Whun Chung / Orchestre de l’Opera Bastille
- Liadov, Baba Yaga (excerpt) – Mikhail Pletnev / Russian National Orchestra
- Sanctus (excerpt) – Pomerium
- Respighi, Siciliana – Herbert von Karajan / Berlin Philharmonic
- J.S. Bach Partita #1 (excerpt) – Miria Joao Pires
- Chabrier, Marche Francoise – John Eliot Gardiner / Vienna Philharmonic
- Over the Rainbow – Sylvia McNair / Andre Previn
- Nocturne – Secret Garden
- Shostakovich, The Second Waltz – Andre Rieu
- Forever Young – Dave Koz / John Mauceri & Hollywood Bowl Orchestra
- Divertimento in B-flat (excerpt) – Sir Neville Marriner / Academy of St. Martin in the Fields
- Scotch Stratchspey and Reel – John Eliot Gardiner / Monteverdi Choir
Throughout the mid-90s, PolyGram issued a number of samplers highlighting the various labels under their control, including a “Classics and Jazz” sampler. The samplers were produced and distributed in the USA to highlight the labels. This particular sampler was released early in 1996 and included twenty tracks from a variety of labels including London Records, Philips, and others mentioned on the sleeve.
The first track on this release is “Miss Sarajevo” recorded by Pavarotti, Brian Eno, Bono and The Edge, at the “Pavarotti & Friends” concert in Modena, Italy on September 12, 1995. This track was released on the album by Luciano Pavarotti, Pavarotti & Friends Together for the Children of Bosnia, documenting the concert in Modena. This track on that album release was 06:22 in length and does not fade in and out as it is part of a continuous mix. An edited version of the song that does fade in and out, and was 06:25 in length, was available on a promotional CD for that album as well. The version featured here on this PolyGram promotional sampler is edited further and does have fades in at the start and at the end of the track. It is edited so that there is far less crowd noise at the end of the track. The total length of this version is 06:09 in length. The musical performance is the same as these other edits and it is only the crowd at the start, and a bit of Bono’s speaking at the end that is edited out here.
“Miss Sarajevo” is also mistakenly named on the sleeve. Instead of “Miss” the back cover calls the song “Ms. Sarajevo”.
This release was done in a card sleeve. The catalog number for this release is SACD 1201.