"Q: The Best Tracks from the Best Albums of 2000" - Various Artists
U2 Related Content:
- "Beautiful Day" (Quincey and Sonance Radio Edit) - U2 (03:52)
Full Track Listing:
- Beautiful Day (Quincey and Sonance Radio Edit) – U2 (3:56)
- Go Let it Out – Oasis (4:41)
- Let the People Know – Toploader (3:24)
- Sunburn – Muse (3:54)
- Mafia – Kelis featuring Martika (4:18)
- We’re Not Right – David Gray (3:03)
- Get Off – The Dandy Warhols (3:10)
- Yellow – Coldplay (4:30)
- Here It Comes – Doves (4:50)
- Porcelain – Moby (4:01)
- The Shining – Badly Drawn Boy (5:18)
- Kamikaze – PJ Harvey (2:33)
- The Ballad of Chasey Lane (The Bloodhound Gang Mix) – The Bloodhound Gang (2:24)
- Idioteque – Radiohead (5:06)
- He’s Simple, He’s Dumb, He’s the Pilot – Grandaddy (8:52)
- One – Johnny Cash (3:33)
Q Magazine in a British publication, which routinely gives away free CDs with the purchase of the magazine. In 2001, they released “The Best Tracks from the Best Albums of 2000” in the January issue of Q Magazine. The Issue was Q172, and featured Oasis on the cover.
The compilation is a mix of songs picked by the Q Editors to represent what they thought were the best albums of the previous year. The song by U2 is “Beautiful Day (Quincey and Sonance Radio Edit)” which is a shortened version of the mix that would appear on “Beautiful Day” promotional singles, the Canadian “Walk On” single, and the “Stuck in a Moment” single released outside of North America. The long version was also released on the “7” EP in the USA. The edited version of the track is far less common and could only be found on Mexican and Polish promotional singles for “Beautiful Day”. It is that edited version which appears on this compilation.
The CD also features Johnny Cash performing U2’s “One”. Cash had recorded his cover of “One” for his 2000 album “American III: Solitary Man”, recorded with producer Rick Rubin. Cash had previously worked with U2 on the vocals on the track “The Wanderer” found on the “Zooropa” album and the “Faraway So Close” soundtrack album. He also appeared on a song that Bono had worked on with Carl Perkins and a number of other singers, titled “Give Me Back My Job” that was released in 1996 on the album “Go Cat Go”.
The CD was released in a regular jewel case, and was given away free with the purchase of the magazine.
Beautiful Day (Quincey and Sonance Radio Edit): Music: U2. Lyrics: Bono. Original version on the album All That You Can’t Leave Behind.
Related Promotional Videos
- 2000-12-18 One Cover Free With Q. (One Cover Free With Q.)