"Red Rocks Live" - Various Artists
Full Track Listing:
- Cake – “Love You Madly” (7/28/12)
- Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings – “You’ll Be Lonely” (6/13/15)
- Shakey Graves – “Roll the Bones” (7/13/09)
- John Prine – “Angel From Montgomery” (7/12/15)
- The Lumineers – “Cleopatra” (6/8/16)
- Florence + The Machine – “Dog Days Are Over” (8/3/15)
- Imagine Dragons – “Radioactive” (5/16/13)
- Ingrid Michaelson – “Girls Chase Boys” (6/21/15)
- Death Cab for Cutie – “Grapevine Fires” (7/15/15)
- The Grateful Dead – “Ship of Fools” (7/8/78)
- Leonard Cohen – “So Long Marianne” (6/4/09)
- Peter Gabriel – “Family Snapshot” (9/30/12)
- U2 – “New Years Day” (6/5/83)
- Thievery Corporation – “Lebanese Blonde” (6/19/15)
- Macklemore – “Same Love” (9/29/12)
- Paramore – “Ain’t It Fun” (8/12/14)
- Widespread Panic – “Aint Life Grand” (6/24/16)
- String Cheese Incident – “Black Clouds” (9/6/03)
- Barenaked Ladies – “The Old Apartment” (6/5/16)
- The Fray – “How to Save a Life” (5/11/12)
To celebrate the 77th Anniversary of Red Rocks, a special vinyl collection of 20 tracks recorded from the Red Rocks stage in Colorado has been compiled from a variety of artists, and was issued in a limited number of copies. The press release for the album claimed that the album contained previously unreleased live recordings from the Red Rocks stage, including U2’s “New Year’s Day”, a song which has never been released in an audio format, but is featured on the DVD and other home video copies of “Live at Red Rocks: Under a Blood Red Sky“. The version found on the Under a Blood Red Sky album of “New Year’s Day” was recorded live in Boston, and was not from Denver.
The audio for this release is the audio for the performance at Red Rocks. Indeed the mastering of the audio appears to be the same as used on the 2008 release of “Live at Red Rocks: Under a Blood Red Sky“. We point this out because a previous release from Red Rocks on Outlook Music, the 2004 album, Carved in Stone: Live at Red Rocks Volume Two also claimed to contain a track from U2 recorded at Red Rocks, but indeed that album contained the same version on Under a Blood Red Sky, recorded in St. Goarhausen, Germany instead.
Pre-orders for the vinyl began on June 15, 2018. General onsale of the album on vinyl began on June 26, a day after a limited launch and release party was held. orders for the vinyl can be done at Red Rocks.
Digital copies of the album are also available on iTunes and Amazon in the USA. The iTunes ID number is 1399647970. Both are sold as full albums, and neither is selling tracks individually. A digital download card comes packaged with the vinyl which gives access to the tracks in mp3 format at 320kbps. The digital versions of the album were made available on June 15.