"Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Live Vol. 5" - Various Artists
U2 Related Content:
- "Let it Be" (Live from New York, NY, Mar. 15, 1999) - Paul McCartney and the Rock Hall Jam Band (featuring Bono) (05:09)
Full Track Listing:
- Black Magic Woman – Santana with Peter Green (8:40)
- California Dreamin’ – The Mamas and the Papas (2:51)
- Landslide – Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks (3:48)
- Say You Love Me – Fleetwood Mac (3:48)
- Be-Bop-A-Lula – Jeff Beck & Jonny Lang (3:08)
- Big Love – Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks (2:53)
- Stagger Lee – Allen Toussaint, John Fogerty, Lloyd Price & The Rock Hall Jam Band (4:41)
- The Promised Land – Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band (5:36)
- Let it Be – Paul McCartney & The Rock Hall Jam Band (5:09)
- Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out – Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band (4:34)
- Runaway – Bonnie Raitt (2:15)
- Runaway – Billy Joel with Bonnie Raitt (2:26)
- Blue Suede Shoes – Paul McCartney & The Rock Hall Jam Band (2:20)
- Backstreets – Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band (7:35)
- Only the Good Die Young – Billy Joel (3:36)
- Respect Yourself / I’ll Take You There – The Staple Singers (6:11)
- In the Midnight Hour – Wilson Pickett with Bruce Springsteen (5:15)
- What’d I Say – Billy Joel, Paul McCartney and the Rock Hall Jam Band (4:56)
- Son of a Preacher Man – Melissa Etheridge (2:43)
- I’ve Been Trying – D’Angelo, Eric Clapton, & The Rock Hall Jam Band (2:53)
- Early in the Morning – D’Angelo, Eric Clapton & The Rock Hall Jam Band (4:58)
On November 15, 2011, The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame released a series of discs to the iTunes service, allowing people to buy live performances from past Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction evenings. There were 10 volumes of the series which were each titled “Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Live”. Volume 1 covered 1986-1991 and Volume 10 covered 2008 -2009. The discs in between covered the years in between, with most discs covering two years worth of ceremonies. Each disc was released with similar artwork with a yellow stripe down one side, and red bars down the other. To this design element is added photo, or a series of photos relating to the contents of the album.
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremonies are an annually held awards banquet to induct new members into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Although the Hall of Fame museum is located in Cleveland OH, the actual induction ceremony is held in New York City, typically at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel. The first ceremony was held in 1986, and thus this collection starts with 1986 and covers up until the year that these CDs were released.
On Volume 5, Bono joins an all star grouping of the “Rock Hall Jam Band” and Paul McCartney on stage to perform Let it Be. The ceremony in 1999 was held on March 15, 1999. This performance of “Let it Be” was also physically released on CD on the compilation “The Best of Rock And Roll Hall of Fame and Museum Live”, and is the same edit that is found here.
No traditional liner notes in this digital release.
Related Promotional Videos
- 2011-11-16 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Updates (Original story (u2wanderer.org))