"Runaway Bride" - Various Artists
U2 Related Content:
Full Track Listing:
- I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For – U2
- Ready to Run – Dixie Chicks
- I Love You – Martina McBride
- Maneater – Daryl Hall and John Oates
- From My Head to My Heart – Evan and Jaron
- Blue Eyes Blue – Eric Clapton
- And that’s What Hurts – Daryl Hall and John Oates
- Never Saw Blue Like That – Shawn Colvin
- You Can’t Hurry Love – Dixie Chicks
- You Sang to Me – Marc Anthony
- You’re the Only one for Me – Allure
- Before I fall in Love – Coco Lee
- Where Were You (On Our Wedding Day?) – Billy Joel
- It Never Entered My Mind – Miles Davis
“Runaway Bride” was a 1999 American romantic comedy starring Julia Roberts and Richard Gere, and directed by Gerry Marshall. The movie deals with a bride who has a bit of a reputation of leaving men at the altar. The movie was released on July 30, 1999 to theatres in the USA. That same week the soundtrack album was released on Sony / Columbia Records, produced by Glen Brunman, John Kalodner, and Kathy Nelson. Just looking at the track titles and knowing the basic plot of the film one can figure out what song was used where in the plot.
The U2 song featured on the album is “I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For”, which yes, could be titled “I Still Haven’t Found the Groom I’m Looking For” here. The version of the song used is the version found on the 1987 album, “The Joshua Tree”.
I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For:
Performed by U2. Produced by Daniel Lanois and Brian Eno. Engineered by Flood. Mixed by Daniel Lanois.