"Tomb Raider" - Various Artists
U2 Related Content:
- "Elevation" (Tomb Raider Mix) - U2 (03:38)
Full Track Listing:
- Elevation (Tomb Raider Mix) – U2
- Deep – Nine Inch Nails
- Galaxy Bounce – Chemical Brothers
- Get Ur Freak On (Remix) – Missy Elliott featuring Nelly Furtado
- Speedballin – Outkast featuring Cee Lo Green and Joi
- Ain’t Never Learned – Moby
- The Revolution – BT
- Terra Firma (Lara’s Mix) – Delerium featuring Aude
- Where’s Your Head At – Basement Jaxx
- Illuminati – Fatboy Slim
- Absurd (Whitewash Edit) – Fluke
- Song of Life – Leftfield
- Edge Hill – Groove Armada
- Satellite – Bosco
- Devil’s Nightmare – Oxide and Neutrino
Australian Bonus Track:
- In Control – Die Toten Hosen
U2 and Lara Croft first tangled during 1997’s PopMart tour, when night after night, the image of Lara Croft was seen on the screen during the U2 performances. Croft was the main character of the video game “Tomb Raider”, a female archeologist. In 2001, a movie was made based on the “Tomb Raider” game featuring Angelina Jolie as Croft. U2 would be included on the soundtrack to the movie, a special remix of “Elevation” titled the Tomb Raider Mix. The song would be released as a single, and the accompanying video would include footage from the movie.
The remix used on the soundtrack differed from the version found intially on the album. The remix was done by Chris Vrenna, former drummer of Nine Inch Nails, who also feature on the soundtrack album.
At the same time the soundtrack was released, “Elevation (Tomb Raider Mix)” was also released as a single. Both the “Tomb Raider Mix” and the “Influx Mix” of “Elevation” can be found in the movie. “Elevation” was the main song used to promote the movie and the soundtrack.
Elevation (Tomb Raider Mix):
Performed by U2. Music by U2. Lyrics by Bono. Synthesizers: Brian Eno and The Edge. Produced by Daniel Lanois and Brian Eno. Engineered by Richard Rainey, Assisted by Chris Heaney. Mixed by Tim Palmer. Assisted by Alvin Sweeney. Additional production by Chris Vrenna. Mixed by Paul Leary.