This Day In U2 History
U2 History on this Day
- U2, still known as The Hype, make their first appearance on television on RTÉ‘s Young Lines, which aired on Thursdays at 5:30pm. The band perform “Street Mission.” (1978)
- At the 30th annual Grammy Awards U2 win their first Grammy Awards including Best Rock Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal and Album of the Year for The Joshua Tree (1988)
Promotional U2 Videos Released on This Day
U2 Shows on This Day
- RTÉ Television Centre, Dublin, Ireland (1978) [The Hype]
- Garden Of Eden, Tullamore, Ireland (1980) [U2]
- Lancaster University, Lancaster, England (1983) [U2]
- Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena, Los Angeles, CA, USA (1985) [U2]
- Waldorf-Astoria Hotel, New York, NY, USA (1999) [Bono] Bono joins an all-star group of performers at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction to perform "People Get Ready."
- House of Blues, Mandalay Bay Hotel, Las Vegas, Nevada (1999) [Bono] Bono joins Bob Dylan on stage for a performance of "Knockin' on Heaven's Door."
- River Plate Stadium, Buenos Aires, Argentina (2006) [U2]
- Ed Sullivan Theatre, New York, NY, USA (2009) [U2]
- Kodak Theatre, Los Angeles, CA, USA (2014) [U2] U2 perform "Ordinary Love" at the Academy Awards. The song is nominated but does not win.
News Stories on This Day