This Day In U2 History
March 11Most frequent user: AJS
- Jimmy Iovine born. (1953)
U2 History on this Day
- Just after midnight, and after a late night flight to New York, a video for “One“ is shot at Nell’s, a bar in New York. (1992)
U2 Shows on This Day
- 1981: Maple Leaf Ballroom, Toronto, ON, Canada [U2]
- 1982: Atlanta Civic Center, Atlanta, Georgia [U2]
- 1983: St. David's Hall, Cardiff, Wales [U2]
- 1985: Neal Blaisdell Center, Honolulu, HI, USA [U2]
- 1989: National Stadium, Dublin, Ireland [Bono and The Edge]
Bono and The Edge join B.B. King at his concert in Dublin for two songs.
- 1998: Osaka Dome, Osaka, Japan [U2]
- 2002: Home of Billy Graham, Montreat, NC, USA [Bono]
Bono visits with Billy Graham in his home and sings one of his new songs for him.
- 2008: Bono's Home, Dublin, Ireland [Bono]
Bono calls into the Colm and Jim-Jim show on RTE and sings one of their advertising jingles.
- 2009: Somerville Theatre, Somerville, MA, USA [U2]
News Stories on This Day
- 2021-03-11: What Might Have Been: The Best of 1980-1990 DVD (Original Story)
- 2019-03-11: “Waiting for the Miracle to Come” Release: April 29 (Original Story)
- 1997-03-11: U2 Breaks First-Week Sales Record (Canada) (Jam! Music)