This Day In U2 History
April 29Most frequent user: AJS
U2 History on this Day
- Bono makes a live solo outing at a fundraiser at the Abbey Theatre in Dublin, singing his own adaptation of two poems by William Butler Yeats, “September 1913” and “Mad as the Mist and Snow”. (1989)
- On a chart dated April 29, “When Love Comes to Town” peaks in the Billboard Hot 100 chart in the USA at #68. (1989)
- U2 do a photoshoot in Portugal at various locations for the new album, and Joe Edwards shoots a video for a remix of “Vertigo“ at the same time. (2004)
All Releases Containing U2 on This Day
- Simply Acoustic Compilation Album by Various Artists (Originally released: 2002-04-29)
- Black Cat Album by Zucchero (Originally released: 2016-04-29)
- The Very Best of Roy Orbison Album by Orbison, Roy (Originally released: 2008-04-29)
U2 Shows on This Day
- 1983: Farrell Hall Gym, Delhi, NY, USA [U2]
- 1985: Omni Coliseum, Atlanta, GA, USA [U2]
- 1987: Rosemont Horizon, Rosemont, IL, USA [U2]
- 2005: General Motors Place, Vancouver, BC, Canada [U2]
- 2006: Fair Grounds Race Course, New Orleans, LA, USA [The Edge]
The Edge appears at Jazz Fest in New Orleans, performing with the New Birth Brass Band and the Dave Matthews Band.
- 2006: Banks Street Bar & Grill, New Orleans, LA, USA [The Edge]
The Edge joins a local band on stage, it is his third guest appearance with other artists that day.
- 2006: Maple Leaf Bar, New Orleans, Louisiana [The Edge]
The Edge joins Trombone Shorty for a performance at the Maple Leaf Bar.
- 2016: Hammerstein Ballroom, New York, NY, USA [Bono]
Bono receives the We Are Family Foundation Humanitarian Award, and performs with Nile Rogers.
News Stories on This Day
- 2019-04-29: Where the Shadows Fall Released in Film (Original Story)
- 2018-04-29: SPOILERS: U2eiTOUR Rehearsal Day Two, Return of a Familar Face: April 29, 2018 (Original Story)