This Day In U2 History
- A series of car bombs are set off in Dublin and Monaghan, killing 33. (1974)
U2 History on this Day
- U2 perform at the Self Aid Festival in Dublin. Larry Mullen had previously played on a charity single around which the event was organized. (1986)
All Releases Containing U2 on This Day
- Burma Soldier Soundtrack Album by Various Artists (Originally released: 2011-05-17)
U2 Shows on This Day
- Cork City, Ireland, Arcadia Ballroom, Downtown Kampus (1980) [U2]
- Massey Hall, Toronto, ON, Canada (1983) [U2]
- Royal Dublin Society Showgrounds, Dublin, Ireland (1986) [U2] U2 perform at Self Aid, doing their own set of five songs, and later Bono and Larry return for the big finale at the end.
- Continental Airlines Arena, East Rutherford, NJ, USA (2005) [U2]
- Apollo Theatre, New York, NY, USA (2012) [Bono] Bono performs at the Jazz Foundation of America benefit concert. The song he chooses is "Angel of Harlem."
- Lenox Lounge, New York, NY, USA (2012) [Bono] Bono stops in at the lounge and performs "Night and Day" on his way to another event.
- Levi's Stadium, Santa Clara, CA, 2017 (2017) [U2]
News Stories on This Day