This Day In U2 History
June 21Most frequent user: AJS
U2 History on this Day
- U2 contribute a recording of the band playing Aslan’s “This Is” to a benefit concert raising money for Christy Dignam who has cancer. The song was recorded at Electric Lady Studios in New York but it is not known when.
All Releases Containing U2 on This Day
- Numb Promotional Release by U2 (Originally released: 1993-06-21)
- Now (That's What I Call Music) 1982 Compilation Album by Various Artists (Originally released: 1999-06-21)
- Grand 12-Inches 9: Compiled by Ben Liebrand Compilation Album by Various Artists (Originally released: 2012-06-21)
- Blown Away Soundtrack Album by Various Artists (Originally released: 1994-06-21)
- Four Songs from the Rose Bowl Digital EP by U2 (Originally released: 2010-06-21)
U2 Shows on This Day
- 1979: McGonagles, Dublin, Ireland [U2]
- 1983: Jai Alai Fronton Hall, Orlando, FL, USA [U2]
- 1987: St. Jakob Stadium, Basel, Switzerland [U2]
- 1997: Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, Los Angeles, CA, USA [U2]
- 2001: Continental Airlines Arena, East Rutherford, NJ, USA [U2]
- 2003: Croke Park, Dublin, Ireland [U2]
U2 make an appearance as part of the Dublin Special Olympics.
- 2005: Hampden Park, Glasgow, Scotland [U2]
- 2009: Sagrada Familia, Barcelona, Spain [Bono]
Bono visits the Sagrada Familia church that is under construction in Barcelona and sings “Amazing Grace”.
- 2015: Hyde Park, London, England, United Kingdom [The Edge]
The Edge joins Nile Rodgers on stage at the British Summer Time 2015 Festival for a performance of “Good Times.”
- 2017: Capitol Hill, Washington, DC, USA [Bono]
Bono is visiting Capital Hill and sings happy birthday to Cynthia Rogers, wife of Congressman Hal Rogers.
- 2018: TD Garden, Boston, MA, USA [U2]