This Day In U2 History
June 30Most frequent user: AJS
U2 History on this Day
- U2 having had success with both Mother Records and Son Records would now register Kitchen Recordings, a new dance label. (1998)
- U2 kick off U2360 tour with a show in Barcelona, Spain (2009)
- Due to a back injury, U2 had to cancel a planned concert for this day in East Lansing, MI at Spartan Stadium. The date would be rescheduled in early 2011. The entire tour leg was cancelled. (2010)
All Releases Containing U2 on This Day
- Soon Digital Song by U2 (Originally released: 2010-06-30)
U2 Shows on This Day
- 1979: Clondalkin Community Centre, Clondalkin, Ireland [U2]
- 1993: St. Jakob Stadion, Basel, Switzerland [U2]
- 2001: Palau Sant Jordi, Barcelona, Spain [Bono]
Bono performs solo or with Wyclef Jean on four songs at the “Frock and Roll” charity event.
- 2009: Camp Nou, Barcelona, Spain [U2]
Opening show of the U2360 tour.
- 2018: Waterfront, Bourne, MA, USA [Bono and The Edge]
Bono and The Edge do a short acoustic show for winners of a radio contest on Mix 104.1. Many more watch from the water.
- 2019: Epar. Od. Mandrakiou-Molou, Hydra, Greece [Bono]
Bono and son Eli perform “A Man and A Woman” and perhaps other songs at the wedding celebrations for Bono’s niece in Hydra.
News Stories on This Day
- 2020-06-30: U2 X-Radio Starting July 1 (Original Story)
- 2018-06-30: U2 Film Newark in 360 Degrees (Original Story)
- 2011-06-30: U2 Debuts “North Star” From Transformers: Dark of the Moon at Miami Show (Miami New Times)
- 2010-06-30: “Soon” Streaming on U2.Com (Original story (www.u2wanderer.org))
- 1999-06-30: Phil Joanou introduces Rattle and Hum in Los Angeles (Original Story)
- 1997-06-30: U2 PopMart Webcast Gives Visitors Control of Concert Cameras (Press Release (Business Wire))