This Day In U2 History
October 15Most frequent user: AJS
U2 History on this Day
- Originally U2 intended to play a show in Milan, Italy on this day, but the band cancelled 14 shows early in the tour to give them more time to rehearse the new material. (1984)
- The Edge’s daughter, Arran Evans is born. (1985)
- Island Records and SST Records settle the Negativeland case, with SST agreeing to pay damages, transfers ownership of the single to Island, and recalls all existing copies. (1991)
All Releases Containing U2 on This Day
- Live Album by R.E.M. (Originally released: 2007-10-15)
- Go Cat Go Album by Perkins, Carl (Originally released: 1996-10-15)
- Cieli Di Toscana / Tuscan Skies Album by Bocelli, Andrea (Originally released: 2001-10-15)
U2 Shows on This Day
- 1977: Suttonian's Rugby Club, Dublin, Ireland [The Hype]
- 1980: Milkyway, Amsterdam, Netherlands [U2]
- 2001: United Center, Chicago, IL, USA [U2]
- 2004: BBC Television Centre, London, England [U2]
U2 do a number of songs for use on Top of the Pops.
- 2011: Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles, CA, USA [Bono and The Edge]
Bono and The Edge join in to honour Bill Clinton for his charitable work and his birthday, at the A Decade of Difference concert. They perform seven songs. Bono also sings a song with K’Naan earlier in the night.
- 2014: BBC Maida Vale Studios, London, England, United Kingdom [U2]
U2 appear on The Jo Whiley Show on BBC Radio 2.
- 2018: Mediolanum Forum, Milan, Italy [U2]