This Day In U2 History
U2 History on this Day
- U2 were supposed to play a show with a number of other bands at St. Anthony’s Hall in Dublin, but were removed from the bill when they got in a dispute over who was headlining. (1978)
- U2’s first concert in Japan. (1983)
- U2 film a video for “Walk On“ while visiting Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. (2000)
- U2 spend a good chunk of the afternoon on the back of a flatbed truck driving through Manhattan, starting at 126th St. and 3rd Avenue, and traveling until it ended at the Brooklyn Bridge. They were shooting the video for “All Because of You“ (2004)
U2 Album and EP Releases on This Day
U2 Single Releases on This Day
All Releases Containing U2 on This Day
U2 Shows on This Day
- Brady's, Liverpool, England (1980) [U2] U2 play a second show at Brady's in Liverpool on the first leg of the Boy tour.
- Ritz, New York, NY, USA (1981) [U2]
- Festival Hall, Osaka, Japan (1983) [U2]
- Frank Erwin Center, Austin, TX, USA (1987) [U2]
- Antone's, Austin, Texas (1987) [Bono and The Edge] After the band performs in Austin, Bono and The Edge are joined by Dr. John, Stevie Ray Vaughn, and T-Bone Burnett at a club. It is not known what they performed.
- Palacio De Los Deportes, Mexico City, Mexico (1992) [U2]
- NBC Studios, Burbank, California (2001) [U2] U2 perform "Walk On" on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.
- Empire Fulton Ferry State Park, New York, NY, USA (2004) [U2]
- Madison Square Garden, New York, New York (2005) [U2]
- Sydney Cricket Ground, Sydney, Australia (2019) [U2]
News Stories on This Day