This Day In U2 History
U2 Shows on This Day
- 1979: Hope & Anchor, London, England [U2]
- 1980: Baltard Pavilion, Paris, France [U2]
- 1981: Royal Oak Music Theater, Detroit, MI, USA [U2]
- 1982: Odeon, Birmingham, England [U2]
- 1993: Western Springs Stadium, Auckland, New Zealand [U2]
- 2002: Edman Chapel, Wheaton, IL, USA [Bono]
Bono sings a solo version of “American Prayer” at the end of a stop on “The Heart of America” tour.
- 2003: Library of Congress, Washington, DC, USA [Bono]
Bono celebrates World Bank president James Wolfensohn with a recital of “September 1913” backed by a 24-piece orchestra.
- 2005: TD Garden, Boston, MA, USA [U2]
- 2006: Saitama Super Arena, Tokyo, Japan [U2]
- 2017: SiriusXM Studios, New York, NY, USA [Bono and The Edge]
Bono and The Edge appear on The Howard Stern Show as part of the promotional tour for Songs of Experience.
- 2019: Saitama Super Arena, Saitama, Japan [U2]
- 2020: Studio 4 RTÉ Television Centre Donnybrook, Dublin, Ireland [Adam Clayton]
Adam Clayton performs as part of a tribute to Irish traditional artist, Sharon Shannon.
News Stories on This Day
- 2020-12-04: Recent and Upcoming U2 Appearances (Original Story)
- 2019-11-04: SPOILERS: Day Three: The Joshua Tree Tour 2019 Rehearsals (Original Story)
- 2018-12-04: Billboard End of the Year Charts, 2018 (Original Story)
- 2017-12-04: Promo Appearances and Howard Stern (Original Story)
- 2015-12-04: The History Mix: U2’s Christmas Songs (Original story)