This Day In U2 History
U2 History on this Day
- U2’s first concert held in Canada. (1980)
- On a chart dated December 9, “The Saints are Coming” peaks in the Billboard Hot 100 chart in the USA at #51. (2006)
All Releases Containing U2 on This Day
Promotional U2 Videos Released on This Day
U2 Shows on This Day
- El Mocambo, Toronto, ON, Canada (1980) [U2]
- Martinihal Groningen, Groningen, Netherlands (1982) [U2]
- Music Hall, Cleveland, OH, USA (1984) [U2]
- Omni Coliseum, Atlanta, GA, USA (1987) [U2]
- Tokyo Dome, Tokyo, Japan (1993) [U2]
- BC Place, Vancouver, BC, Canada (1997) [U2]
- NBC Studios, New York, NY, USA (2000) [U2]
- New York Public Library, New York, NY, USA (2002) [Bono and The Edge] World premiere of Gangs of New York and Bono and The Edge are on hand to sing "The Hands That Built America" after the show.
- Home of Charlie Peacock, Nashville, TN, USA (2002) [Bono] At the home of Charlie Peacock, Bono leads a group in singing a traditional Christian song at the end of "The Heart of America" tour.
- HSBC Arena, Buffalo, NY, USA (2005) [U2]
- Aloha Stadium, Honolulu, Hawaii (2006) [U2]
- Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane, Australia (2010) [U2]
- Grace Park Dining, Manila, The Philippines (2019) [Bono and The Edge] Bono and The Edge eat out at Grace Park Restaurant on their first night in Manila with Guy Oseary and are filmed singing "We Wish You A Merry Christmas."