All That You Can’t Leave Behind Promo Shifts into High Gear
Original Story by Aaron J. Sams (2020-10-28)
U2’s release of All That You Can’t Leave Behind happens on Friday for the album’s 20th anniversary. There are a number of things planned to promote this release and we’re hopefully going to be able to keep a running list of things to watch out for here:
- 2020-10-22: HotPress releases their U2:80:00:20 Special Issue.
- 2020-10-23: The Edge in Rolling Stone
- 2020-10-28: The Edge in USA Today
- 2020-10-31: Daniel Lanois on ATYCLB at 20 in The Independent.
On the Radio
- 2020-10-23: Adam Clayton on the Chris Evans Breakfast Show, Virgin Radio (Podcast)
- 2020-10-30: Adam Clayton will appear on Today FM with Ian Dempsey between 7am and 9am in Ireland.
- 2020-10-30: Adam Clayton will appear on RTÉ 2FM with Tracey Clifford at Noon in Ireland.
- 2020-10-30: SiriusXM will host a 20th anniversary special about All That You Can’t Leave Behind airing at 12 noon ET. It will feature the band, with Daniel Lanois and Brian Eno taking the listeners through the album.
- 2020-10-30: Universal Records has distributed a 20:15 radio special featuring Bono, Adam and The Edge speaking about the album to radio in North America.
- 2020-10-31: Adam Clayton will appear on BBC Radio 2 on the Dermot O’Leary Breakfast Show (Airs between 8-10am in the UK)
- 2020-10-31: Adam Clayton and The Edge will appear on RTÉ 2FM with Dave Fanning after 1pm in Ireland.
- Over on Tidal, a 4-disc streaming version of the album includes commentary tracks by Bono, Adam Clayton and The Edge. (Some tracks considered album only on store fronts are not included in the Tidal stream)
- On Twitter when you use the hashtag ATYCLB you now see a heart in a suitcase to celebrate this release.
- Throughout the day on October 30, U2 will be introducing tracks from All That You Can’t Leave Behind on SiriusXM, including the rare cuts added to the box set.
- On October 30, if you ask Alexa to “Play the new 20th Anniversary album by U2” you hear a message from The Edge.
- U2 are streaming the Elevation Live video on October 30 at 6pm GMT / 11am PDT and Adam and The Edge will also be taking questions from fans in a segment hosted by Jo Whiley.
- U2 will provide the soundtrack to the F1 Race at the Emilia Romagna Grand Prix this weekend. More information.
- U2 F1 Playlist on Spotify
- U2 F1 Playlist on Deezer
- U2 F1 Playlist on Apple Music
- New merchandise celebrating the 20th anniversary of the album has been added to the stores at U2.Com including a necklace, ornament, and pin.
- Universal Music in Japan has made a series of animated Gifs available.
On the YouTube
A number of videos pertaining to All That You Can’t Leave Behind have been newly restored and posted to U2’s Youtube account including:
- “Stuck in a Moment“ (Acoustic – Lyric Video) [Sep. 10, 2020]
- “Stuck in a Moment“ (Khan video) [Sep. 19, 2020]
- “Beautiful Day“ (Eze Video) [Sep. 20, 2020]
- “Levitate“ (Lyric Video) [Sep. 25, 2020]
- “Stateless“ (Lyric Video) [Sep. 26, 2020]
- “Walk On“ (Friedlander Video) [Oct. 1, 2020]
- “The Making of Beautiful Day“ [Oct. 7, 2020]
- “Beautiful Day“ (Akerlund Video) [Oct. 8, 2020]
- “Beautiful Day“ (Live from Boston Video) [Oct. 9, 2020]
- “Stay (Faraway, So Close)“ (Live from Boston Video) [Oct. 10, 2020]
- “The Ground Beneath Her Feet“ (Video) [Oct. 15, 2020]
- Box Set Unboxing Video [Oct. 16, 2020]
- “Elevation“ (Live from Boston Video) [Oct. 23, 2020]
- “Kite“ (Live from Boston Video) [Oct. 24, 2020]
- “Stuck in a Moment“ (Eze Version) [Oct. 27, 2020]
A couple of links to our own internal resources:
- 2020-10-30: Announcement of U2 Trilogy EP featuring the remixes not currently available on streaming services.
- 2020-09-10: News article announcing content in the new 20th Anniversary Editions
- Discography entry for the new anniversary edition of All That You Can’t Leave Behind
- Original discography entry for All That You Can’t Leave Behind
- 2020-09-01: Initial Rumour posting about this 20th Anniversary Edition
< Next News Entry | Previous News Entry >
u2songs.com was formerly known as u2wanderer.org. Follow us on Twitter | Facebook