U2 Experience and Innocence Tour Questions and Answers
Original Story by U2Songs.com Staff (2017-11-21)
Last Updated: November 21, 2017 6:52EST
U2 announced the eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE TOUR on November 1, 2017. The only announced dates are those for North America at this time. While we here at U2Songs.Com will try to answer questions, your first source of information on the tour should always be U2.Com. Here are some useful links at that site which you should read fully before asking for further information:
- U2.Com Tour Announcement
- U2.Com Tour Page with Dates
- U2.Com Ticket Pre-sales, Verified Fans, U2.Com Subscribers
- U2.Com FAQ
There is a dedicated thread in the Zootopia boards where moderators will attempt to help users with questions. Also please remember the moderators are there to help us, but may not have all the answers themselves right away! This is likely still fresh for them as well. We suggest you ask questions and post any issues you find there in that forum.
- November 24, 2017: If you wish to participate in the U2.Com pre-sale you must complete your account setup by 6am PT / 9am ET. If you have previously completed setup you will not have to do the setup again.
- November 28, 2017: eXPERIENCE Sale for U2.Com Members starts at 10am local time, ends Thursday at 5pm local time.
- November 28, 2017: If you wish to participate in the Citi pre-sale or the General Sale you must register before 10pm PT. They are now listing that if you have done this previously, you will not have to repeat the process. On the Citi site and on the TM site now list: “Fans who were previously selected and did not purchase tickets DO NOT need to register again.”
- November 29, 2017: iNNOCENCE Sale for U2.Com Members starts at a variety of times, check show listing.
- November 30, 2017: Citi Verified Fan Pre-sale starts. Start time is listed at 9am local time, ends Saturday at 5pm Local time.
- December 4, 2017: Verified on-sale for Washington DC, Chicago, Montreal, Philadelphia
- December 5, 2017: Verified on-sale for New York and Boston, and Las Vegas.
We suggest you take a few minutes and read http://www.u2.com/help fully as it has been updated today to reflect information about the second pre-sale in Montreal. There will be additional U2.Com pre-sales, and if you have not used your full pre-sale allotment you will be eligible for pre-sales for these second shows.
If you have already purchased two tickets in the pre-sales, buying a new subscription will NOT make you eligible for further pre-sales.
What Will the Show Be Like?
- The tour is a continuation of the Innocence and Experience tour in 2015, now rebranded the Experience and Innocence Tour.
- Seat maps at Ticketmaster to date have revealed very little information.
- The following seat map from Madison Square Garden in New York show a similar configuration to the 2015 tour, including the location of (RED) Zones
- The tour will start in Tulsa, OK on May 2.
- The current final date listed is Newark, NJ on June 29
- When announced 15 shows were announced.
- Ticket prices will range from $41.00 – 331.00 in the USA, there is some variation from show to show in the listed prices (Uniondale: $45.50-$329.50, Washington: $45.00-$329.00, New York: $47.00-$331.00
- Ticket prices will range from $54.25 – $354.50 in Montreal. This is Canadian dollars.
- Seats should fall around $45, $110, $175, and $329 in most US cities. General admission floor tickets will fall around $80. Pricing and price levels have not yet been confirmed by individual venues.
Will More Dates Be Announced?
- The rumours suggest the tour will start in North America, then will move to Europe, and will finish 2018 in Australia, New Zealand, and Asia.
- The only dates announced so far are for North America, however documentation at U2.Com mentions there will be European dates, and that you can enter into pre-sales for these dates by pre-ordering the album now. Pre-sales for the European dates are expected to happen after January 1, 2018.
- Dates for Europe, and other continents will be announced later.
What about Pre-sales?
- There are multiple pre-sale opportunities.
- To date we know about a pre-sale for U2.Com subscribers for the first leg of the tour, for Citi Bank cardholders for the first leg of the tour.
- There are also pre-sales for pre-ordering the album for the second leg of the tour.
- See our story about the first round of presales.
First Leg Citi Bank Pre-Sale
- There will be a pre-sale for Citi Cardmembers only. You must register for this before November 14 at 10pm. This pre-sale starts November 16. This is not tied to your U2.Com account and is run through Citi bank if you hold one of their cards.
- This pre-sale starts two days after the U2.Com pre-sale starts.
- The link for the Citi Cardmembers sale registration is here. This is not tied to your U2.Com account but be aware going over ticket limits in a combination of pre-sales, can result in tickets being cancelled.
- Verified Fans will receive a unique verification code to purchase tickets. Must use your Citi credit or debit card to purchase tickets.
- There will be a four ticket per code limitation on the Citi pre-sale.
- Registering does not guarantee you will receive a code or have the ability to purchase tickets.
- Unlike the U2.Com pre-sale, you have to register for each city individually that you wish to purchase tickets in.
- Once registered for the Citi Pre-Sale you will receive a confirmation email. Receiving a confirmation email only means your registration has been submitted. It does not mean you will receive an offer code.
First Leg U2.Com Pre-Sale
- There will be a pre-sale for U2.Com subscribers. You must register for this before November 12, at 7pm PST. This pre-sale starts November 14. It is the earliest pre-sale that will open.
- There is an article about the process for registering for the U2.Com member pre-sale here which should answer many of your questions.
- The article above clarifies that “you can only take part in Subscriber pre-sales and general on sales for North America if you have become a Verified Fan.” If you do not complete the process you will not be able to participate in the pre-sales.
- To register you will need a a North American Ticketmaster account and a mobile phone that can accept text messages
- You do not need to complete the “Facebook Connect” steps to be verified.
- As a U2.Com Verified Fan you enter the pre-sales ahead of all other verified fans in other pre-sales such as the Citibank one.
How will the First Leg U2.Com pre-sale work?
- Once you have become a verified fan, you will be placed in one of two priority groups.
- The eXPERIENCE group subscribed to the fan club prior to December 24, 2016, and have not let their subscription lapse.
- The iNNOCENCE group subscribed to the fan club on December 25, 2016 or later.
- You can now check what group you are in by logging into your U2.Com profile.
- Subscribers in the eXPERIENCE group will enter pre-sales prior to those in the iNNOCENCE group.
- Subscriber pre-sale codes will be sent via SMS on the mobile phone number provided during the registration process.
- U2.com says they will be in contact to let us know if we will have access to pre-sales in advance of the codes being sent. “You will be subject to Ticketmaster’s FanScore® verification system. If eligible, the eXPERIENCE group and the iNNOCENCE group registrants will receive an email with details and instructions on Code redemption on the evening of November 13, 2017” [Link]
- U2.com FAQ says “ If you subscribed to the fan club and went through those things (subscribed, connected TM account, gave mobile phone number) it is not Verified Fan, it is Verified Subscriber. Verified Subscribers get access to pre-sale code (not guaranteed a ticket) that can be used prior to other sales.”
- You do not receive a confirmation email that the process has completed. But once finished you should see “Setup Complete” on your account page.
- U2.com pre-sale access does not guarantee tickets.
How many tickets can I buy in the First Leg U2.Com Pre-Sale?
- The pre-sale limit is two tickets. Other pre-sales may have different ticket limits.
- The two tickets can be bought for one show, or can be split so you buy one ticket for two different shows. (Link: U2.Com Zoo Mods)
- Yes, for The Joshua Tree shows we could purchase four tickets. U2.Com explains that the limit for stadiums per membership is four tickets, but for smaller arenas, the limit is two tickets. For the Innocence and Experience shows in 2015 we were limited to two tickets as well. U2.Com has not offered four tickets for an arena show since 2005’s Vertigo Tour.
First Leg, General Sales
- There will be a general on-sale, you must register for this before November 18 at 10pm. This sale starts on November 20. You must completed the verified fan process to take part in the general sale in the opening days.
- The link for the general on-sale registration is here. This is also not tied to your U2.Com account. Be aware going over ticket limits in a combination of pre-sales, however, can result in tickets being cancelled.
- Yes, you have to go through this link and register to participate in the general on-sale the day it happens. If you do not, you will not be able to enter the general sale on the day they first go on sale.
- There will be a 4 ticket limit per access code in the general sale.
- You must register for each city that you want to buy in for the general sale. This is different than the fan club system where you only have to register once.
- Registering does not guarantee you will receive a code or have the ability to purchase tickets.
What about Pre-sales for the Second Leg through U2.Com?
- There will be a Pre-sale for U2.Com members for the second leg, that will happen before other pre-sales that are offered in Europe.
- The U2.Com procedures for the second leg have not been determined yet, and if you are not attending the first leg, you may not need to register for the current pre-sales. On U2.Com’s Zootopia forums, a moderator says: “This part of the pre-sale is for the North America leg – If you are outside this region but plan to attend any of these shows, please complete all the steps. For Europe, please wait until the procedure is published. Thanks.” But the moderators are also suggesting in the same thread it wouldn’t hurt to link the accounts and follow the process if you can at this time.
- The pre-sale and verification process at U2.com is for shows in the US and Canada only according to the FAQ at U2.com
What about other Pre-Sales for the Second Leg? (Not through U2.Com?)
- Select retailers in Europe, such as FNAC in Portugal and Spain offer the opportunity to join a pre-sale that will happen after January 1, that is not the U2.Com pre-sale, but is a separate pre-sale.
- To participate in that pre-sale you will need to pre-order the album prior to November 30, 2017. More information about these offers can be found on U2.Com – look for the red links part way down the page. Fans in UK, Ireland, Germany, France, Spain, Portugal, Denmark, Italy and Holland who pre-order the album by November 30th will have the chance to enter a pre-sale to buy up to 2 tickets for the yet-to-be-announced 2018 shows in Europe. (You will receive a unique ticketing code, in early 2018. The pre-sale will not open until 2018 and of course availability is while stock lasts. Please note: a code does not guarantee a ticket.)
- The retailers participating appear to be as follows: Fanfire (UK & Ireland), Universal Music (Germany and France), FNAC (Spain and Portugal), Amazon (Italy), Gaffashop (Denmark), bol.com (The Netherlands) and empik (Poland) These links were current as of November 2 at 2:00 EST, however you can find the most current links here by choosing “Pre-Order for Ticket Presale Access”.
- If you are not from one of the nine countries listed, you can still buy in one of these offers and you will receive a code we are told. Be aware that there may be restrictions on which countries you can use the codes in when the pre-sale happens. (Thanks to U2Tour.De for the update)
- We have been told that countries outside of these ten receiving preorder offers will be receiving concerts. The offers are in countries where Universal had existing retailer agreements, and expect that other countries will be added if possible. (Poland was added after the initial nine were put up.)
What about the new album?
- This is the tour questions and answers, but we are updating our U2 Discography entry for Songs of Experience with new information as it comes out today.
Help I Can’t Get Things to Work?
- There is a dedicated thread in the Zootopia boards where moderators will attempt to help users with questions. Please have some patience as they are a small team, but they are able to ask questions and get some answers.
- If you have completed all the steps listed including buying a new membership, and your box is still red and you aren’t seeing an updated expiry date? Log out of U2.Com and log back in – a number of people are reporting that fixes the issues.
- Our friends at U2Start.Com are also answering questions to Pre-Sale and General Sale questions. Over at U2Tour.De they are also tracking Tour information and helping to answer some of the questions above.