“Love is Bigger” promo CDs and Pride Nights
Original story (2018-06-22)
The promotion for U2’s new single “Love is Bigger Than Anything in its Way” continues with the release of three different promotional CDs featuring remixes of the title track.
CD One will feature the following mixes:
- Will Clarke Remix (06:31)
- Daybreakers Remix (07:35)
- David Alvarado Remix (07:53)
- Moodyboy Remix (06:47)
CD Two will feature the following mixes:
- Offer Nissim Remix (05:25)
- DrewG. Remix (05:26)
- Dark Intensity Remix (04:31)
- Dinaire+Bissen Remix (05:48)
CD Three will feature the following mixes:
- John “J-C” Carr Remix (04:20)
- VibePosse Dub (06:12)
- MINDSKAP Dub Rework (05:00)
- The Funk Hunters Remix (04:01)
All of these remixes with the exception of the Offer Nissim Remix has previously been delivered for digital promotion. This marks the first official release of the Offer Nissim Remix, but the DJ had previously released the remix himself.
The CDs themselves are plain looking with black print on the CD, with the song title, the number of the CD and the track listing. It does appear that these may be CD-R pressings but we have not yet confirmed this.
These new promo releases are the firstborn physically promo releases from this album since the Album sampler. A number of fake items have been sold for each single.
Additional promotion is being done in the form of “Love Is Bigger Than Anything in its Way” release parties / Pride club nights.
Three of these events have now been announced:
- June 22, 2018: Numbers Night Club, 300 Westheimer, Houston Texas, with DJ Wes Wallace (Doors open at 9pm)
- June 22, 2018: The SoFo Tap, 4923 N Clark Street, Chicago Illinois, with DJ Rons (Doors open at 9pm)
- July 6, 2018: The House Of Blues, 400 W Disney Way #337, Anaheim California, with DJ Dark Intensity (Doors open at 10pm)
The events are being billed as being “in honour of U2’s summer anthem, Love is Bigger Than Anything in its Way” And will feature giveaways early in the evening of “Love is Bigger” promotional CDs, stickers, posters, fans and full length copies of “Songs of Experience”.