The Joshua Tree 30th Anniversary Edition Breakdown
Original Story by Aaron J. Sams / Brad Hood (2017-04-21)
Some news about the new boxed-set of The Joshua Tree, being released on June 2, 2017. The liner notes will contain Bill Flanagan’s essay about The Joshua Tree that had been included in the 20th anniversary edition released in 2007.
The Joshua Tree Remixes
- There is additional new recording in “One Tree Hill (St Francis Hotel Remix)”. These were recorded by Andrea Lepori.
- Jacknife Lee adds new programming and additional keyboards to his mix of “Bullet the Blue Sky (Jacknife Lee Remix). Jacknife Lee does the remix but Matt Bishop does the editing.
- “Running to Stand Still (Daniel Lanois Remix)” features Daniel Lanois on additional rhythm guitar, and he does the remix, assisted on engineering and set up by Wayne Lorenz.
- “Red Hill Mining Town (Steve Lillywhite 2017 Mix)” was remixed by Steve Lillywhite at Lillyput Studios, and Steve was assisted by Jones Roma. Declan Gaffney assisted on recording Bono’s new vocals for the track.
- “With or Without You (Daniel Lanois Remix)” was remixed by Daniel Lanois, assisted on engineering and set up by Wayne Lorenz.
- “Where the Streets Have No Name (Flood Remix)” was remixed by Flood, engineered by John Catlin and assisted by Richie Kennedy.
- The “I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For (Lillywhite Alternative Mix ’87)” was produced by Steve Lillywhite and recorded by Mark Wallace.
- “One Tree Hill Reprise (Brian Eno 2017 Mix)” also features some new sounds. Horns on the track are recorded and played by the Eno Family. This 2017 mix was done by Brian Eno.
The Joshua Tree Live at Madison Square Garden:
- This was recorded by David Hewitt at Remote Recording Services (The Black Truck) and assisted by Phil Gitomer, Fritz Lang, J.B. Matteotti.
- The 2017 mix is by Richard Rainey.
- Credits are given for two snippets, “Exodous” written by Bob Marley, and “Gloria” written by Van Morrison.
2017 30th Anniversary Edition:
- Gavin Friday is listed as the Executive Producer and Creative Director for the 2017 30th Anniversary Edition.
- The project production managers on the product are: Jesse Peters, Tara Mullen, Candida Bottaci and Nadine King.
- Mastering of the album was done by Scott Sedillo, at Bernie Grundman Mastering.
- Audio master transfer director was Declan Gaffney.
We’ve added the credits for the tracks into our discography entry for The Joshua Tree (30th Anniversary Edition).
< Next News Entry | Previous News Entry >
u2songs.com was formerly known as u2wanderer.org. Follow us on Twitter | Facebook