U2 Experience + Innocence Tour Leg Two Questions and Answers
Original Story by U2Songs.com Staff (2018-01-21)
Last Updated: January 29, 2018, 7:35pm GMT
All times mentioned below are local times to the venue unless otherwise noted.
U2 announced the second leg of the eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE TOUR on January 15, 2018. This will be the second leg of the tour, following a North American leg that was announced last November. Additional dates were added to the second leg of the tour, and these were announced on January 26, 2018 and January 29, 2018. An additional show has been planned for every city. Added dates for Belfast and Dublin were also announced in this second wave of dates.
While we here at U2Songs.Com will try to answer questions about this new leg, your first source of information on the tour should always be U2.Com. Here are some useful links at that site which you should read fully before asking for further information:
- U2.Com Tour Announcement
- U2.Com Tour Page with Dates
- U2.Com FAQ
A tour commercial video was debuted as well. We have that at the end of the article if you scroll down.
For the tour dates so far you can check our U2 Experience + Innocence Tour Poster graphic below:
Is this the same tour as before?
- The band is saying that they are returning indoors to pick up where the 2015 tour ended.
- Stage configurations for the North American shows showed a similar stage set up to 2015, with a round stage at one end of the arena and a rectangular one at the other end.
- They have announced that the show is “staged in the round” and features “multiple performance areas”
- A new super high-res LED screen nine-times the resolution of the 2015 screen will be featured.
- The seat map for leg two in the Royal Arena in Copenhagen looks very familiar:
We’ve compiled an image of all the stadium maps revealed at this time, and you can see that below. Each shows a stage very similar to the 2015 stage, with a walkway between a rectangular and a round stage. (Click to enlarge)
What will tickets cost?
- The pricing range for tickets for Belfast is £38.00 – £185.00 + fees (mid-range pricing not known yet.)
- The pricing range for tickets for Dublin is listed as €39.05 – €201 + fees (mid range pricing cannot be seen yet.)
- Pricing for all cities during the initial Experience pre-sale can be found in the chart below (click to enlarge):
When are tickets on sale?
There are a variety of pre-sales prior to the main sale. The pre-sale times are still being changed, so check back at these times often.
- The U2.Com eXPERIENCE sale starts on Tuesday January 30 at 10am for all cities except Dublin and Belfast (9am on Jan 30) and Lisbon (3pm on Jan 30)
- The U2.Com iNNOCENCE sale starts on Wednesday January 31 at 10am.
- The Retail sale for having purchased a copy of the album in advance starts on January 31. Currently it is listed as starting at 10am in Germany and Copenhagen, and at 12noon for Dublin, Madrid and Belfast. As this overlaps the U2.Com iNNOCENCE sale we expect that these times may change to 12 noon for all cities.
- The general sale starts on Friday February 2, at 10am for most of Europe, and 9am for the UK and Ireland.
- All times mentioned above are local to the venue.
- You should check the tour page at U2.Com for any changes to these dates and times.
When is my U2.Com pre-sale?
- Experience Pre-sale will start on Tuesday January 30, see information on times above.
- Innocence Pre-sale will start on Wednesday January 31 see information on times above.
- Experience members are members who have had a continuous unbroken fan club membership at U2.Com since December 24, 2016. Anyone who joined after that, or who let their subscription lapse and signed up again later than that will be in the Innocence group.
- The December 24, 2016 date is the day before the first mention of The Joshua Tree 2016 tour.
- Experience pre-sale codes will start with U2EIA, Innocence pre-sale codes will start with U2EIB.
- Codes given out for the first leg, that are unused, will not be valid for these sales, new codes are being issued.
- You can now check what group you are in by logging into your U2.Com profile.
- Subscribers in the eXPERIENCE group will enter pre-sales prior to those in the iNNOCENCE group. Both of these pre-sales will be completed before other pre-sales start.
- Please note, U2.Com has updated their FAQ with the following information: “If I already purchased tickets for 2018 U2eiTour shows, may I use my code again for recently announced additional shows? If you already used your unique code to purchase 2 tickets for U2eiTour shows, you are not eligible to purchase tickets in presales for additionally announced shows. Code use is audited and anyone found to be abusing presale privileges risks cancellation of ticket purchases and U2.com subscription.”
When will I get my pre-sale code?
- Pre-Sale codes are available in your U2.Com accounts now and can be seen at the tour page as well as your profile page.
- Everyone can see codes at the moment and none are showing as crossed out. But if you have previously used your code to purchase tickets you are not eligible to purchase tickets for these additional shows according to the U2.Com help page. “If you already used your unique code to purchase 2 tickets for U2eiTour shows, you are not eligible to purchase tickets in presales for additionally announced shows. Code use is audited and anyone found to be abusing presale privileges risks cancellation of ticket purchases and U2.com subscription.”
Can I join U2.Com now and get a pre-sale code?
- Yes, you can subscribe now. But you will get an Innocence code for the second day of pre-sales, and not an Experience code for the first day of pre-sales.
How do I get Verified for Pre-sales?
- The good news is you do not have to.
- The U2.com help site says: “Verified Subscriber / Verified Fan process was only for the North America pre-sales.” so you do not have to sign up for any verification process at all.
- You also do not need to worry about signing up for SMS messages. The U2.com help site says “SMS message were for the North America shows and will not be used for EU/UK shows. We do plan to email subscribers codes and info the night before your pre-sales begin.”
- The added Dublin and Belfast show also do not use the verified fan system.
How many tickets can I get through the pre-sale option?
- A pre-sale does not guarantee you tickets.
- However, you get an access code which will allow you to buy up to two tickets for the tour.
- At this time it has not been announced whether you can split your two tickets between two shows, or if they will have to be used for one show. In the past in Europe, at times, the codes could not be used for multiple shows. But more recent tours such as the 2015 tour, and the 2017 tour allowed users to split the code between two shows. Pay attention to U2.com for more information on this.
- Yes, two tickets is less than last time. U2.com has been giving pre-sale opportunities for 2 tickets in arena shows, and 4 tickets in stadium shows since the U2360 tour. So The Joshua Tree Tour allowed for a total of four tickets because it was a stadium show. This show is in arenas so it will be limited to two tickets, like it was in 2015.
What are the ticket limits per show?
- Not all retailers have published ticket limits at this time. Expect some not to post until the event goes on sale.
- Ticketmaster in the UK have published the following (Expect the limits to be similar elsewhere): “There is a ticket limit of 4 tickets per person and per credit card on this event. Please adhere to published ticket limits. Persons who exceed the ticket limit may have any or all of their order(s) and tickets cancelled without prior notice by Ticketmaster in its discretion. This includes: orders associated with the same name, e-mail address, billing address, credit card number or other information.”
- If you are buying two tickets for the pre-sale through TM, you may not want to buy more than two in the general sale, staying under the four ticket limit, as this will go over the stated limits and could result in ticket cancellation if audited.
When does the tour happen?
- The second leg of the tour is listed to start on August 31 in Berlin, Germany.
- The current final date of the tour listed is November 6, in Dublin Ireland.
- It is possible that additional dates may be added and the tour may be extended beyond November 6.
Will more dates be announced?
- Yes it is possible that additional dates may still be announced. Expect that these will not be announced until the current shows go on sale on Friday, February 2.
- Early rumours suggested the tour would start in North America, then will move to Europe, and will finish 2018 in Australia, New Zealand, and Asia. There has been no mention of Australia, New Zealand and Asia in any communications from U2.Com, however Bono and The Edge have both commented they want to take the tour in that direction.
Other Non-U2.Com Pre-Sales General Information
Please note at the bottom of this section are some notes about all of these pre-sales, but first we are presenting the details for each one individually.
RETAILER PRESALE: JANUARY 31
- The retailer pre-sale starts on Monday, January 31
- The start time of this sale is currently listed as noon for Dublin, Belfast and Madrid and the German shows. The earlier 10am time would have overlapped with the iNNOCENCE start time so was likely an error. Expect all shows to update this going forward.
- This pre-sale is for people who pre-ordered the album prior to November 30, 2017 at select retailers. This offer has now ended, you cannot buy the album now and participate. The offer offered a chance to “purchase tickets for yet-to-be-announced European tour dates in a city near you in 2018, while availability lasts.” and did not promise the ability to buy tickets in your own country.
- The retailers participating were Fanfire/U2.Com (UK, Ireland), Universal Music (Germany, France), FNAC (Spain, Portugal), Amazon (Italy), Gaffashop (Denmark), Bol.Com (The Netherlands) and Empik (Poland)
- If you weren’t from one of the nine countries listed you could buy in one of these offers and would receive a code.
- Users in Poland were part of this pre-sale, and have been told with no concert in their country, they can choose from any country in the offer that has a concert.
- The FAQ for this offer when users were purchasing states “I have pre-ordered my album via one of the official partner links listed above, but want to visit a show in another country on the forthcoming tour (yet to be announced). Will my code be valid?
Yes, all codes will be valid for redemption for any of the forthcoming European tour, while availability lasts.”
- The pre-sale for pre-ordering the album is being called the “Retail Pre-sale” in some markets and users are being asked to ensure they pick that option from any lists when purchasing on Monday.
- The codes are personalized. Each is individual to the person receiving them.
- Although some retailers stated initially only one code would be available per person, some retailers have sent out multiple codes to users if multiple purchases of the album were made (such as Italy and Portugal)
- The UK recipients of the email were sent to a link on Ticketmaster for the first salewith individual pre-sales for multiple countries being listed including countries not selling through Ticketmaster.
- Italian recipients of the email are being directed to the TicketOne.It site, and not to Ticketmaster.
- Retailers such as bol.com and gaffashop have confirmed that there is a second retail pre-sale for these additional cities and dates.
- Emails state that the codes can only be used once. This suggests they cannot be used to buy two tickets at different shows, as that would require using the code twice.
- The codes can be used to buy tickets in any market included in the pre-sale. You can use a code from the UK retailer to buy a ticket in Spain for example. But the email with the code for some markets, such as Italy, leads users to a site where only the Italian dates are listed. The link to the UK above should list most of these shows tomorrow.
- If you have not received your pre-sale code by email at this point you should check your spam folders, make sure that its not there, and if it is not contact the retailer asap. A number of people who expected codes in the UK and Ireland have not received them. Please note, you did not get a code for just pre-ordering the album, you had to follow the proper pre-order link from the front of U2.Com and order from the specific retailers listed. The list of retailers is above.
O2 PRIORITY PRE-SALES FOR THE UK
- O2 will have a pre-sale in advance of the general on-sale – this is for O2 mobile customers for the shows in Manchester and London.
- More information about this sale can be found on the O2 Priority Ticket site.
- This sale has been announced to start at 12 noon on Wednesday January 31 for both cities.
LIVE NATION PRE-SALES: FEBRUARY 1
There will be special Live Nation pre-sales for Italy and the UK, and possibly other countries. We suggest looking at the Live Nation site for your country to see if such an offer exists.
- Members of www.livenation.co.uk will have a pre-sale opportunity outside of the U2.Com one and the pre-order of the album opportunities.
- To sign up for this opportunity you can sign up here. You must sign up to their site in advance to take part in this opportunity.
- The Live Nation pre-sale will start at 9am on Thursday, February 1, and will continue until 5pm the same day. This falls after the U2.Com pre-sale, and after the pre-order of the album opportunity.
- A Live Nation pre-sale will be available to those in Italy who register at www.livenation.it.
- The Live Nation pre-sale will start at 9am on Thursday, February 1, and will continue until 5pm the same day. This falls after the U2.Com pre-sale, and after the pre-order of the album opportunity.
3PLUS PRE-SALES FOR DUBLIN: JANUARY 31
- There will be a 3Plus pre-sale in advance of the general on-sale – this is for Three mobile customers for the shows in Ireland.
- More information about this sale can be found on the 3Plus Pre-Sale Site.
- This sale has been announced to start at 12 noon on Wednesday January 31.
- The current start time is listed for 9:00 for this sale, but that would put it at the same time as the U2.Com Innocence Sale. We have seen in the past that the U2.Com sale will happen first and others will be pushed back, so do not be surprised if this sale is delayed to later in the day. (The O2 sale which is similar in the UK is set for Noon on that day)
Other Pre-Sales Questions
Didn’t all the tickets sell out in the U2Com Pre-Sale?
- No, none of these shows are sold out. Only a limited amount of tickets are available in any pre-sale which ensures that there are tickets available for the General Public when that sale happens.
- There will be tickets set aside for each of these pre-sales.
- There are also tickets set aside for the general sale. The bulk of tickets for any concert are still sold in the general sale, regardless of how many pre-sales exist.
Will there be GA tickets in these other sales?
- Maybe yes, maybe no. In the past some pre-sales have only had limited options for tickets such as certain seating types.
- Last week many people were successful at getting GA tickets in the retail sale.
- There will be GA tickets available in the general onsale. They may be tough to get but there will be some available.
I’ve bought tickets in another pre-sale can I buy tickets in these?
- Yes, you can. But be aware, some retailers set a ticket limit per show across all sales.
- For the shows serviced by Ticketmaster in the UK, the limit is published as a total of four tickets per person and per credit card. So if you bought two tickets in another pre-sale, you can only buy two tickets for that show under your name and using the same credit card.
- Ticket limits may not be enforced at the time of purchase, and the system may allow you to buy more than four tickets for one show, but if you do this you risk having them cancelled after the sales end if the sale is audited and you are caught.
Other General Questions:
What do I need to know about Dublin and Belfast?
- There is an added FAQ specific to the Dublin and Belfast shows. The following information is taken from there.
- Only a very limited number of tickets will be onsale at the venues and these will be General Admission only.
- Credit card used for purchase will be needed for entry to the venue on the night of the show for tickets on the floor.
- The card you use to purchase will be swiped as you enter the venue. If your card expires between now and then the expired card will work.
- There are age restrictions for both shows. In Dublin, under 16s must be accompanied by an adult and no under 14s will be allowed in the standing area. In Belfast, under 14s must be accompanied by an adult and no under 14s will be allowed in the standing area.
- The ticket limit is 2 tickets per person / per card / per postal address in the pre-sales and 4 tickets per person / per card / per postal address in the general sale.
What’s a collector ticket?
- A collector ticket will be offered in some markets. You will see this option as you are checking out. We’ve been told these will be available in Denmark, France, all three cities in Germany and Amsterdam, and expect them to be available in other countries as well.
- The ticket is a credit card sized piece of plastic, which has the tour logo printed on it, and your barcode for entrance into the show.
- The back of the ticket usually has your personal information such as name and ticket information such as seat number.
- In 2015 there were some reports of these being problematic to scan. They were offered again in 2017 for Europe, and we saw few issues with them there.
- They usually come with a lanyard, and can be purchased for any type of ticket, GA, or seated.
What VIP Tickets Packages are available?
Each tour, U2 puts a number of special packages on sale. This tour is no exception. The following are listed for the package details, and we’ve included some pricing as well.
- The Silver Hot Ticket (Includes one seated ticket to see U2 live, souvenir lanyard and laminate, merchandise item designed exclusively for package purchasers, designated check-in and on-site staff) (Pricing: Copenhagen: 1578kr, Amsterdam: 215.00 Euro) Note: In the UK this will include a ticket that sold without the package would be £100
- The Gold Hot Ticket (Includes one seated ticket to see U2 live, souvenir lanyard and laminate, merchandise item designed exclusively for package purchasers, designated check-in and on-site staff) (Pricing: Copenhagen: 1578kr, Amsterdam: 215.00 Euro) Note: In the UK this will include a ticket that sold without the package would be £190
- RED ZONE: The (RED) Zone gives you access to an exclusive VIP area directly adjacent to the Stage with special amenities and dedicated staff, all while raising money in support of (RED) and the Global Fund to fight AIDS in Africa. Includes a barricaded area immediately adjacent to the stage, extremely limited capacity, VIP entrance to the venue, collectors souvenir ticket, an opportunity to be selected for a backstage tour, access to purchase pre-show refreshments, and a portion of the proceeds supports the (RED) campaign. (Pricing: Copenhagen: 3100kr, Amsterdam: 320.00 Euro)
- The Club VIP Package: Includes one seated ticket to see U2 Live, collectible U2 laminate and lanyard, designated check-in and on-site concert host, pre-show party with complimentary food and drinks, and a DJ set before the show. (Pricing: Copenhagen: 2949kr, Amsterdam: 400 Euro)
- The Premium VIP Package: Includes a top priced seated ticket to see U2 live, merchandise item designed exclusively for package purchasers, collectible U2 laminate and lanyard, designated check-in and on-site concert host, pre-show party with complimentary food and drinks, and a DJ set before the show. (Pricing: Amsterdam: 525 Euro) Note: In the UK this will include a ticket that sold without the package would be £190
- The upper price on VIP Packages for the UK is listed to be £476.20 for Manchester and £476.75 for London, this would be for The Premium VIP Package.
- On the past two tours the merchandise item designed exclusively for package purchasers was a tour book with souvenirs, replica posters and other content.
Help I Can’t Get Things to Work?
- Your first stop should be the U2.Com help page. This page is continually being updated so you may find an answer there that wasn’t there a few days ago.
- If you are unable to find answers there log into the Zootopia Message boards at U2.Com and ask one of the moderation team for assistance.
- You can find us on Twitter and Facebook. Give us a shout if you want.
- Other sites offer up assistance and help as well such as U2Start.Com, U2360gradi.it and U2Tour.De. We’ll try to make a list of help areas for these other sites as they are set up.
I’m still looking for more information what resources are out there?
Many of the sites which will be selling tickets are still setting up information about the concerts and sales. Below we’ll try to list a few of the current ones we’ve found:
- Denmark (For shows in Copenhagen): Ticketmaster Denmark
- France (For shows in Paris): Ticketmaster France
- Germany (For shows in Berlin, Cologne, and Hamburg): Ticketmaster Germany
- Italy (For shows in Milan): Ticket One Italy
- Netherlands (For shows in Amsterdam): Ticketmaster Netherlands
- Portugal (For shows in Lisbon): BlueTicket.pt
- Spain (For shows in Madrid): Live Nation Spain
‘U2 coming through… U2 coming through…’ eXPERIENCE & iNNOCENCE Tour heading to Europe in August, September & October. Tickets from Jan 26th, subscriber presales from Thursday 18th. #U2eiTour #U2SongsofExperience https://t.co/bMjdETEQ7m pic.twitter.com/U6Xpd2T0uV— U2 (@U2) January 16, 2018
< Next News Entry | Previous News Entry >
u2songs.com was formerly known as u2wanderer.org. Follow us on Twitter | Facebook