Bono Solo Appearances
Below are listed all of the appearances by Bono, where he does not perform with all of U2.
Bono Solo Dates
- 1980-05-01: Unknown Bar, Dublin, Ireland
Bono, Adam Clayton and Larry Mullen all join The Mystery Men on stage on a night out in Dublin.
- 1981-02-11: Unknown Bar, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
While hanging out with a photographer in a bar, Bono and Edge entertain, with Bono on piano.
- 1982-03-06: OK Club, Tallahassee, Florida
Bono, Adam and Larry are invited onstage with a local band, and play “I Will Follow” with Bono on guitar.
- 1982-06-05: Iveagh House, Dublin, Ireland
Bono appears and performs at the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament performance.
- 1983-09-23: The Ritz, New York, NY, USA
Bono joins the Alarm on stage for one song.
- 1983-10-22: University College, Dublin, Ireland
Bono joins the Alarm on stage for one song.
- 1984-07-08: Slane Castle, Slane, Ireland
Bono joins Bob Dylan on stage for two songs.
- 1985-01-04: Barrowland Ballroom, Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
For the first night of two, Bono joins Simple Minds on stage.
- 1985-01-05: Barrowland Ballroom, Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
For the second night in a row Bono joins Simple Minds in concert.
- 1986-06-10: Ramada Hotel Bar, Atlanta, Georgia
A number of musicians gather in the hotel bar to perform, and it is known that Bono, Larry Mullen and Adam Clayton all were present and performed that night. The Edge was present but it is not known if he performed.
- 1986-06-11: Ramada Hotel Bar, Atlanta, Georgia
A number of musicians gather at the hotel bar to sing songs, which includes Bono performing with Lou Reed. All of U2 is in attendance but it is not known if any of the others perform.
- 1986-06-28: Croke Park, Dublin, Ireland
Bono joins Simple Minds on stage in Croke Park for three songs.
- 1986-07-08: Kai Iwi Marae, Kai Iwi, New Zealand
Bono sings at the funeral his friend and employee of the band, Greg Carroll.
- 1987-07-10: Stadion Feijenoord, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
During an interview, ahead of the concert, Bono breaks out his guitar and plays “Lucille”.
- 1987-11-22: Antone's, Austin, Texas
After the band performs in Austin, Bono and The Edge are joined by Dr. John, Stevie Ray Vaughn, and T-Bone Burnett at a club. It is not known what they performed.
- 1987-12-18: KUPO Studios, Tempe, AZ, USA
Bono and The Edge are interviewed on radio, and play a couple of songs including “Lost Highway”.
- 1988-09-21: Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Bono joins the artists on Amnesty International’s “Human Rights Now!” tour for a couple of songs. This show is seven hours long and goes well past midnight.
- 1988-10-29: Cine Gran Via, Madrid, Spain
Bono and The Edge perform “I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For” at the Spanish premiere of Rattle and Hum.
- 1989-03-11: National Stadium, Dublin, Ireland
Bono and The Edge join B.B. King at his concert in Dublin for two songs.
- 1989-04-27: Pink Elephant Club, Dublin, Ireland
Gavin Friday is launching his debut album, and Bono joins him on stage at the celebration for a couple of songs.
- 1989-04-30: Abbey Theatre, Dublin, Ireland
Bono makes a live solo outing at a fundraiser at the Abbey Theatre in Dublin.
- 1989-06-04: Royal Dublin Society Hall, Dublin, Ireland
Bono joins Bob Dylan on stage for two songs.
- 1989-10-21: Triple M Studios, Sydney, Australia
Bono debuts “Slow Dancing” on Australia radio after a performance in Sydney.
- 1990-06-20: Richfield Coliseum, Richfield, Ohio
Bono and Adam Clayton attend a David Bowie concert, and Bono joins on stage to sing “Gloria” (Van Morrison’s version.)
- 1990-08-08: Unknown, Dún Laoghaire, Ireland
Bono interrupts The Edge’s birthday dinner to sing “Happy Birthday” with two guests, David Bowie and Joe Elliott from Def Leppard, in tow.
- 1992-10-30: Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Bono appears on a radio show and gives the interviewer a taste of a new song “The First Time”.
- 1993-01-31: Thalia Theater, Hamburg, Germany
Bono and The Edge attend the Festival Against Racism and perform “One” with Jo Shankar on violin.
- 1993-02-06: Point Depot, Dublin, Ireland
Bono shows up and joins an all-star cast on stage at a Van Morrison show and sings two songs.
- 1993-02-11: Olympia Theatre, Dublin, Ireland
The Edge, Bono, and Larry Mullen perform “Big River” with Johnny Cash.
- 1993-11-05: Home Of Frank Sinatra, Rancho Mirage, California
Bono is invited to Frank Sinatra’s home after they film the video for “I’ve Got You Under My Skin” and he sings “Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad” to guests at the home.
- 1994-01-19: Waldorf-Astoria Hotel, New York, New York
Bono joins Rita and Ziggy Marley singing “One Love” at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction ceremony.
- 1995-03-30: POD, Dublin, Ireland
Bono joins Prince onstage to perform “The Cross” at an aftershow party. Prince had reportedly joined Bono earlier in the night at The Kitchen Night Club before they moved on to the POD together.
- 1995-09-12: Parco Novi Sad, Modena, Italy
Bono and the Edge, joined by Brian Eno, and Pavarotti, sing a number of songs at the Pavarotti and Friends concert.
- 1995-11-19: unknown, London, England
Bono and The Edge join an orchestra to perform a birthday tribute for Frank Sinatra. The TV program was taped on November 19, and Bono and The Edge may have been recorded earlier. The show airs on December 14, 1995.
- 1995-12-31: Club Fis Bock, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Bono joins a local band for three songs as part of New Year’s Eve festivities in Sarajevo.
- 1996-05-15: Church of the Assumption, Howth, Ireland
All of U2 attend the funeral of Hot Press writer Bill Graham, and Bono and The Edge join with other musicians to perform “Tower of Song.”
- 1997-06-01: Giants Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ, USA
Bono records an interview with Access Hollywood, which is aired June 7, during the interview he sings, “Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad”
- 1997-06-20: Tosca's, San Francisco, CA, USA
Bono and The Edge go drinking with Oasis and end up singing songs at the bar. This followed the show in Oakland.
- 1998-02-05: Hyatt Hotel, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Bono records a couple of pieces for the album Ni Un Paso Atras in front of a small audience.
- 1999-02-24: Shrine Auditorium, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Bono joins Kirk Franklin and a number of other performers to sing “Lean on Me,” and this is the first time a member of U2 performs at the Grammy Awards.
- 1999-03-02: House of Blues, Mandalay Bay Hotel, Las Vegas, Nevada
Bono joins Bob Dylan on stage for a performance of “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door.”
- 1999-03-15: Waldorf-Astoria Hotel, New York, NY, USA
Bono joins an all-star group of performers at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction to perform “People Get Ready.”
- 1999-04-22: Unknown Venue, London, England
Bono and The Edge appear on BBC2 on a program about Salman Rushdie, and they perform “The Ground Beneath Her Feet.”
- 1999-07-16: Cimiez Gardens, Nice, France
Bono joins Van Morrison on stage at the Nice Jazz Festival.
- 1999-09-07: Copacabana, New York, NY, USA
Bono and Wyclef Jean perform the song they’ve written for Net Aid, “New Day” and it is filmed for VH1.
- 1999-09-08: Copacabana, New York, New York
Bono joins Wyclef Jean at the “Caribbean Soiree: An Evening of Dinner, Dance and Performances” and performs on tables in the club.
- 1999-09-09: Outside the United Nations, New York, NY, USA
After launching the Net Aid campaign, Wyclef Jean and Bono give a performance of “New Day” outside the United Nations.
- 1999-10-09: Giants Stadium, East Rutherford, New Jersey
Bono performs at the NetAid concert in New Jersey, which is broadcast worldwide.
- 1999-11-11: HQ Club, Dublin, Ireland
At the after party for the MTV Europe Music Awards, Bono joins other musicians including Marilyn Manson and Iggy Pop in a short performance.
- 1999-12-31: Lincoln Memorial, Washington, DC, USA
Bono performs “One” at “America’s Millennium Gala”
- 2000-02-26: Teatro Ariston, San Remo, Italy
Bono and The Edge appear and perform two songs at the San Remo Music Festival.
- 2000-03-17: Eammon Doran's, Dublin, Ireland
Bono and the Edge appear on TFI Friday and perform “The Ground Beneath Her Feet.”
- 2000-06-23: St. Stephen's Green, Dublin, Ireland
Bono attends a birthday celebration for Aung San Suu Kyi and sings “Walk On” and “Happy Birthday”.
- 2000-09-23: Church of St. Mary Magdalene and St. Lawrence, Davington, England
Bono attends the funeral for Paula Yates, and performs “Blue Skies” with Jools Holland.
- 2000-11-24: Museu de Arte Moderna, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Bono sings “Summer Rain” to a group of fans gathered outside the area where U2 is filming a video for “Walk On.”
- 2001-03-19: Waldorf-Astoria Hotel, New York, New York
Bono performs a cover of “Could You Be Loved” with Keith Richards, Melissa Etheridge and Mary J. Blige at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction ceremony.
- 2001-06-30: Palau Sant Jordi, Barcelona, Spain
Bono performs solo or with Wyclef Jean on four songs at the “Frock and Roll” charity event.
- 2001-10-29: Hammerstein Ballroom, New York, New York
Bono joins Michael Stipe of R.E.M. and Moby for two songs at the New York Against Violence concert.
- 2002-01-25: Ardmore Studios, Bray, Ireland
Bono joins The Corrs for two songs while they tape a VH1 special.
- 2002-02-14: Kodak Theatre, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Bono is honoured at the Love Rocks Awards, and the night ends with him performing “One” with R.E.M.
- 2002-02-25: Hanover Quay Studio, Dublin, Ireland
U2 minus Adam Clayton perform “Beat on the Brat” for the NME Awards via a pre-recorded video.
- 2002-03-11: Home of Billy Graham, Montreat, NC, USA
Bono visits with Billy Graham in his home and sings one of his new songs for him.
- 2002-04-19: Burlington Hotel, Dublin, Ireland
Bono and The Edge perform a song at a retirement party for politicians John Hume and Seamus Mallon.
- 2002-05-22: Richard Akwei Memorial Basic School, Accra, Ghana
While Bono is on a tour of Africa he sings at a school in Ghana.
- 2002-09-16: Aragon Ballroom, Chicago, Illinois
Bono joins the Rolling Stones in concert to perform “It’s Only Rock And Roll (But I Like It)” with the band.
- 2002-11-23: American Airlines Arena, Miami, FL, USA
David A. Stewart and Bono join Bruce Springsteen in concert on the song “Because the Night.”
- 2002-12-01: Lied Center for Performing Arts, Lincoln, NE, USA
On the opening night of “The Heart of America” tour Bono performs “American Prayer” and “God Bless America”.
- 2002-12-02: Iowa Memorial Union, Iowa City, IA, USA
At a stop of “The Heart of America” tour Bono singles “American Prayer” and “I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For” with a choir.
- 2002-12-04: Edman Chapel, Wheaton, IL, USA
Bono sings a solo version of “American Prayer” at the end of a stop on “The Heart of America” tour.
- 2002-12-06: Unknown Hotel, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Bono sings “Lady Marmalade” with the hotel band after his dinner, while traveling with “The Heart of America” tour.
- 2002-12-09: New York Public Library, New York, NY, USA
World premiere of Gangs of New York and Bono and The Edge are on hand to sing “The Hands That Built America” after the show.
- 2002-12-09: Home of Charlie Peacock, Nashville, TN, USA
At the home of Charlie Peacock, Bono leads a group in singing a traditional Christian song at the end of “The Heart of America” tour.
- 2003-01-09: Burlington Hotel, Dublin, Ireland
Bono and The Edge perform acoustically.
- 2003-02-20: NBC Studios, New York, New York
Bono and the Edge are interviewed and perform on the Today show. The show airs February 26.
- 2003-02-21: New York Marriott Marquis, New York, NY, USA
Bono and The Edge perform three songs at the MusiCares Person of the Year Award honoring Bono.
- 2003-05-25: Ristorante Europa 92, Modena, Italy
Bono joins the house band at Pavarotti’s restaurant to sing “Unchain My Heart.”
- 2003-05-27: Parco Novi Sad, Modena, Italy
Bono appears at the Pavarotti and Friends Concert, participating in three songs with Zucchero and Pavarotti.
- 2003-10-28: Shepherd's Bush Empire, London, England
Bono appears during a Daniel Lanois show in London.
- 2003-10-31: RTÉ Television Centre, Dublin, Ireland
Bono and The Edge appear on <em>The Late Late Show</em> with Daniel Lanois to celebrate Irish film director Jim Sheridan.
- 2003-12-04: Library of Congress, Washington, DC, USA
Bono celebrates World Bank president James Wolfensohn with a recital of “September 1913” backed by a 24-piece orchestra.
- 2003-12-13: Teatro Communale, Modena, Italy
Bono and The Edge attend the wedding of Luciano Pavarotti and Nicoletta Mantovani, and at the reception Bono sings “All I Want is You”.
- 2004-03-19: Shelbourne Hotel, Dublin, Ireland
U2 attend a dinner to honor Gavin Friday, hosted by the Irish Hospice Foundation. Both Bono and The Edge perform during the evening.
- 2004-07-27: Symphony Hall, Boston, MA, USA
Bono performs two songs, one with Yo-Yo Ma, and the other with the Boston Pops Orchestra at an event honouring Ted Kennedy.
- 2004-08-02: Countryside Community Church, Omaha, NE, USA
Bono sings two songs at the funeral of Susan Buffett, wife of Warren Buffett, and mother of DATA board member, Susan Buffett.
- 2004-11-18: Clinton Presidential Center and Library, Little Rock, Arkansas
Bono and The Edge perform at the dedication for the Clinton Presidential Library in Arkansas.
- 2005-02-13: Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Bono appears at the Grammy Awards and performs with Steven Tyler, Stevie Wonder, Alicia Keys, Norah Jones and others. (U2 also perform during the show.)
- 2005-05-29: Home of Anton Corbijn, The Hague, The Netherlands
Bono sings “Radar Love” at a birthday party for Anton Corbijn.
- 2005-07-06: Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh, Scotland
Bono appears at the Live 8 concert in Scotland, joining The Corrs for “When the Stars Go Blue”.
- 2005-09-19: Air Canada Centre, Toronto, ON, Canada
Bono appears on stage at a Pearl Jam concert and joins the band in “Rockin’ in the Free World” a few days after Vedder appeared at a U2 show.
- 2005-11-03: Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, New York, NY, USA
Bono joins Alicia Keys during her concert raising money for Keep A Child Alive.
- 2006-02-23: Gil's Apartment, Salvador da Bahai, Brazil
Bono and The Edge are at the home of Gilberto Gil, a Brazilian pop star, and are coaxed onto the balcony of his apartment to sing “Vertigo” and other songs.
- 2006-05-27: Force Blue Yacht, Monte Carlo, Monaco
Bono is a guest on the yacht of Flavio Briatore and performs for other guests.
- 2006-05-27: La Salles des Etoiles, Monte Carlo, Monaco
Bono appears at a ball to raise money for Yele Haiti, and performs with Wyclef Jean.
- 2006-10-12: Harpo Studios, Chicago, IL, USA
Bono and Alicia Keys appear on Oprah to perform “Don’t Give Up (Africa)”
- 2006-11-12: Entertainment Center, Sydney, Australia
Bono appears at a Kylie Minogue show which is being filmed for a home video release.
- 2006-11-17: Sidney Myer Music Bowl, Melbourne, Australia
Bono and The Edge appear with Pearl Jam at a Make Poverty History concert.
- 2007-06-07: IGA Park, Rostock, Germany
Bono appears at the Deine Stimme gegen Armut concert, performing with Bob Geldof, Yousoou N’Dour, and organizer Herbert Groenemeyer.
- 2007-10-25: Hammerstein Ballroom, New York, New York
Bono is honored by the Keep a Child Alive organization, and joins Alicia Keys for one song.
- 2007-11-23: Union Chapel, London, England
Bono and The Edge appear at “Little Noise Sessions” hosted by Mencap to play four songs including the recently released “Wave Of Sorrow”.
- 2008-02-14: National Statuary Hall, Washington, DC, USA
Bono attends the memorial service for US House of Representatives member, Tom Lantos. He sings a brief version of “All You Need is Love”.
- 2008-02-14: Sotheby's Auction House, New York, New York
Bono appears at an auction for Product (RED) and sings “All You Need is Love”.
- 2008-06-27: Hyde Park, London, England
Bono and The Edge appear via screen at the Nelson Mandela 90 concert.
- 2008-10-16: Sam's Chowder House, Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
Bono and The Edge perform at an annual meeting of Elevation Partners, of which Bono is a founding partner.
- 2008-10-26: Kodak Theatre, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Bono and Edge perform at the annual Thelonious Monk Gala, joining B.B. King on stage.
- 2008-12-07: O2, Dublin, Ireland
Bono and The Edge perform a couple of songs to celebrate the reopening of the O2 where the songs were initially rehearsed.
- 2009-01-19: John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, Washington, DC, USA
Bono joins with other performers to sing “America’s Song” - most of the musicians are on stage, but Bono participates via pre-recorded video.
- 2009-06-21: Sagrada Familia, Barcelona, Spain
Bono visits the Sagrada Familia church that is under construction in Barcelona and sings “Amazing Grace”.
- 2009-09-15: Concert Hall at the Masonic Temple, Toronto, Canada
Bono and The Edge make an appearance on Spectacle, a show hosted by Elvis Costello, and perform a number of songs.
- 2009-11-18: Chelsea Piers, New York, NY, USA
Bono performs “Redemption Song” with Wyclef Jean at the Robert F. Kennedy Center for Justice and Human Rights Awards.
- 2009-12-24: Grafton Street, Dublin, Ireland
Bono attends his first busking session on Grafton Street, organized by musician Glen Hansard, with money raised going to Simon Community.
- 2010-01-22: Hospital Club, London, England
Bono and The Edge join Rihanna and Jay-Z as part of the Hope for Haiti Now telethon. The song “Stranded” is a new one written by Bono and Jay-Z.
- 2010-01-29: Park East Synagogue, New York, NY, USA
Bono visits the Park East Day School, and meets with students and parents in the neighboring synagogue, where Bono sings “I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For.”
- 2010-03-15: Mafalala Libre, Maputo, Mozambique
During a tour of Africa, Bono joins Xavier Machiana on stage for a performance of “With or Without You.”
- 2010-08-14: O'Donoghue's Pub, Dublin, Ireland
For Sean Penn’s 50th birthday Bono joins old friend Simon Carmody to perform “Drinkin’ in the Day.”
- 2010-09-04: Ataturk International Airport, Istanbul, Turkey
U2’s appearance in Turkey is met with press and fans in the middle of the night at the airport. Bono and The Edge give a performance of “Desire”.
- 2010-10-05: Louis Vuitton HQ, Paris, France
Bono performs with Angelique Kidjo on “Move On Up” at the Africa Rising art exhibition.
- 2010-12-20: Dromoland Castle, Newmarket on Fergus, Ireland
U2’s flight home from Australia is diverted, landing in Shannon. Bono joins an Irish band performing during dinner.
- 2010-12-24: Grafton Street, Dublin, Ireland
Bono joins with other Irish musicians including Damien Dempsey, Glen Hansard and Damien Rice busking in aid of the homeless.
- 2011-01-22: Our Lady of Mercy Parish, Potomac, MD, USA
Bono attends, and performs with Glen Hansard, at the funeral for R. Sargent Shriver.
- 2011-04-14: Bar Secreto, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Bono, The Edge, and Larry join Dom Howard from Muse singing karaoke and performing with local musicians.
- 2011-05-25: Nokia Theatre, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Bono and The Edge appear with Spider-Man star Reeve Carney on American Idol and debut “Rise Above,” a song from the musical.
- 2011-07-18: Ed Sullivan Theatre, New York, NY, USA
Bono and The Edge appear on Late Night with David Letterman and perform “Stuck in A Moment You Can’t Get Out Of.”
- 2011-09-11: Lenox Lounge, New York, NY, USA
Bono performs “Night and Day” with pianist Lafayette Harris at an after party following an Edun event.
- 2011-10-01: Davington Priory, Faversham, England, United Kingdom
To celebrate Bob Geldof’s 60th birthday Bono joins a number of other guests in performances.
- 2011-10-06: St. George's Cathedral, Cape Town, South Africa
Bono sings “I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For” at a celebration for Archbishop Desmond Tutu on his 80th birthday.
- 2011-10-15: Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Bono and The Edge join in to honour Bill Clinton for his charitable work and his birthday, at the A Decade of Difference concert. They perform seven songs. Bono also sings a song with K’Naan earlier in the night.
- 2011-10-16: Memorial Church Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA
Bono attends and performs at a private memorial service for Steve Jobs.
- 2011-11-28: Muziekgebouw Concert Hall, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Bono appears with an orchestra to perform “One” at a night honoring photographer Anton Corbijn.
- 2011-12-01: The White House, Washington, DC, USA
Bono visits the White House with Alicia Keys. During a meeting with President Obama Bono borrows a guitar and performs “Norwegian Wood”.
- 2011-12-16: O2, Dublin, Ireland
Bono joins Imelda May in concert to sing “Desire” and “Christmas (Baby, Please Come Home)”.
- 2011-12-24: St. Stephen's Green, Dublin, Ireland
Bono joins other Irish musicians including Glen Hansard and Damien Rice to busk in the streets of Dublin.
- 2012-01-10: Mend Offices, Gulu, Uganda
Bono meets with a seamstress named Grace, and sings “Amazing Grace.”
- 2012-01-13: Festival au Desert, Timbuktu, Mali
Bono joins the band Tinariwen as well as Bassekou Kouyate on stage for a performance at Festival au Desert.
- 2012-05-08: Living Room, New York, NY, USA
Bono appears at a Glen Hansard performance and joins him for “The Auld Triangle.”
- 2012-05-17: Apollo Theatre, New York, NY, USA
Bono performs at the Jazz Foundation of America benefit concert. The song he chooses is “Angel of Harlem.”
- 2012-05-17: Lenox Lounge, New York, NY, USA
Bono stops in at the lounge and performs “Night and Day” on his way to another event.
- 2012-06-18: Bord Gáis Energy Theatre, Dublin, Ireland
The “Electric Burma” concert for Aung San Suu Kyi sees Bono perform a number of songs.
- 2012-08-19: Club 55, Sant-Tropez, France
Edge and Bono join the band Phly Boyz on stage at the club for a version of The Beatles’ “Help.”
- 2012-08-21: Metropolis Hall, Potsdam, Germany
Bono appears and sings two songs with Herbert Gronemeyer.
- 2012-11-04: Bemelman's Bar, The Carlyle Hotel, New York, NY, USA
Bono sings with pianist Billy Stritch and singer Jim Caruso, on at least two songs.
- 2012-12-15: Unknown, Dublin, Ireland
Bono makes an appearance in a club with the jazz band Jaime Nanci and the Blue Boys. He sings “I’ve Got You Under My Skin.”
- 2012-12-24: Grafton Street, Dublin, Ireland
Bono makes an appearance with other Irish musicians busking in the streets of Dublin.
- 2013-02-05: 37 Dawson Street, Dublin, Ireland
Bono performs at a book launch by author Helen Seymour. He reads from the book and sings a bit of Neil Diamond’s “Beautiful Noise,” which is also the name of the book.
- 2013-04-12: Tally Horse Ranch, La Quinta, CA, USA
Bono appears at the Rolling Stone Rock Room launch party, bringing African and Western musicians together. Bono’s performance was with Baloji.
- 2013-04-13: MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, NV, USA
Bono sings at the Power of Love Gala in Las Vegas.
- 2013-05-13: Jacob K. Javits Center, New York, NY, USA
Bono performs “One” and “Moment of Surrender” with Mary J. Blige at a fundraiser in New York.
- 2013-05-31: Electric Lady Studios, New York, NY, USA
U2 perform “Sunday Bloody Sunday” for an upcoming release called Agit8.
- 2013-05-31: Inside Out Art Project, New York, NY, USA
Bono and the Edge do a short acoustic version of “Sunday Bloody Sunday” at the Inside Out Art Project studio.
- 2013-06-05: United Nations, New York, NY, USA
Bono sings during a presentation at the Forbes 400 Summit on Philanthropy.
- 2013-08-28: +233 Jazz Bar, Accra, Ghana
Bono joins Paulina Oduro and the Sparkles Band for a performance of “Stand By Me.”
- 2013-09-06: Lauritzen Gardens, Omaha, NE, USA
Bono sings at the wedding of Emily Greenberg.
- 2013-10-24: Unknown, Dublin, Ireland
Bono and The Edge sing “Happy Birthday” at the Harvard School of Public Health’s 100th anniversary celebrations. They appear via video, and it is not know if it is live or not.
- 2013-11-02: Burford Priory, Oxfordshire, England, United Kingdom
Bono sings with Bob Geldof at a birthday party for Matthew Freud.
- 2013-11-08: Addis Ababa Stadium, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Bono performs at the Mo Ibrahim Foundation Gala, with Youssou N’Dour.
- 2013-11-23: Sotheby's Auction House, New York, NY, USA
Bono and The Edge perform at a (RED) auction and after party with Chris Martin, Angelique Kidjo, Nile Rodgers and Chic.
- 2013-12-01: Julian Schnabel's Apartment, New York, NY, USA
Bono and The Edge perform at a small private memorial for Lou Reed.
- 2013-12-24: Grafton Street, Dublin, Ireland
Bono appears with other musicians busking in the streets of Dublin.
- 2014-05-11: Cafe Habana, Malibu, CA, USA
Bono and the Edge do karaoke at a birthday celebration.
- 2014-05-23: La Osteria, San Jose del Cabo, Mexico
At a small restaurant in Mexico, Larry spots a drum kit and starts to play and is soon joined by Bono and The Edge for “Desire.”
- 2014-07-23: Domaine Bertaud Belieu, Gassin, France
Bono performs with Julian Lennon on “Stand By Me” at the St. Tropez Gala, benefiting the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation.
- 2014-07-24: Club 55, Saint-Tropez, France
Bono sings “I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For” at a private gathering at the club.
- 2014-10-01: St. Peter's Chapel, Nice, France
Bono sings “Amazing Grace” with a group of tourists while meeting with journalist Dorian Lynskey.
- 2015-05-05: Stanford Memorial Auditorium, Standford, CA, USA
Bono sings at the funeral of Dave Goldberg.
- 2015-11-02: O2 Arena, London, England, United Kingdom
Bono and The Edge perform with a string section for the TV special, Sinatra which was broadcast on December 6.
- 2015-12-01: Carnegie Hall, New York, NY, USA
Six songs are performed at “A Night of Music: Celebrating 10 Years of ONE and (RED)” and Bono and the Edge are joined by Hozier, Jessie J., and Miley Cyrus.
- 2015-12-24: Grafton Street, Dublin, Ireland
Bono joins a number of musicians busking in the Dublin streets including Glen Hansard, members of The Script, and Hozier.
- 2016-01-22: World Economic Forum, Davos, Switzerland
Bono appears at the Salesforce lunch at the World Economic Forum Conference, and performs with Hawaiian, LT Smooth, on guitar.
- 2016-04-01: Unknown Camp, Gasiantep, Turkey
Bono is visiting a Syrian refugee camp with a group of US politicians and sings songs with children attending a school at the camp.
- 2016-04-29: Hammerstein Ballroom, New York, NY, USA
Bono receives the We Are Family Foundation Humanitarian Award, and performs with Nile Rogers.
- 2016-05-29: Croke Park, Dublin, Ireland
Bruce Springsteen appears in Dublin as part of his The River 2016 Tour, and Bono joins him on stage for “Because the Night.”
- 2016-07-01: Starmus Festival, Arona, Spain
Bono and The Edge appear at the Starmus Festival via a pre-recorded video.
- 2016-11-15: El Capitain Entertainment Centre Theatre, Hollywood, CA, USA
Bono appears on Jimmy Kimmel Live! for the annual (RED) show and performs with Halsey and Herbie Hancock, and later with a group of celebrities.
- 2017-04-05: New Theatre, Oxford, England, United Kingdom
Bono receives the Skoll Global Treasure Award, and performs with Don Henley and Michael Franti.
- 2017-06-21: Capitol Hill, Washington, DC, USA
Bono is visiting Capital Hill and sings happy birthday to Cynthia Rogers, wife of Congressman Hal Rogers.
- 2017-07-01: Parliament Hill, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Bono and The Edge help Canada celebrate the 150th anniversary of the founding of the country, appearing on Parliament Hill to perform “One.”
- 2017-11-04: Palais des Festivals et des Congres, Cannes, France
Bono and Adam appear with Kygo at France’s NRJ Awards.
- 2017-11-12: SSE Arena, London, England, United Kingdom
Bono sings a few lines of “Blessed by Your Grace” (Stormzy) as U2 accept the Global Icon award at the MTV EMAs.
- 2017-11-27: Voila! Creative Studios, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Bono and The Edge attend a listening party for Songs of Experience.
- 2017-11-28: El Capitain Entertainment Centre Theatre, Hollywood, CA, USA
Bono appears on Jimmy Kimmel Live.
- 2017-11-30: American Museum of Natural History, New York, NY, USA
Bono and The Edge perform three songs at the 2017 American Museum of Natural History Gala.
- 2017-12-04: SiriusXM Studios, New York, NY, USA
Bono and The Edge appear on The Howard Stern Show as part of the promotional tour for Songs of Experience.
- 2018-01-15: National Concert Hall, Dublin, Ireland
Bono performs at a birthday celebration for Shane MacGowan.
- 2018-04-09: St. Mary's Church, Dublin, Ireland
Bono and The Edge attend, and sing at the funeral of Dave Kavanagh.
- 2018-04-21: Place Bell, Laval, Quebec, Canada
Bono sings “Happy Birthday” to a fan who has been waiting outside the rehearsal venue in the cold.
- 2018-05-14: Warner Bros. Studios, Burbank, CA, USA
Bono and The Edge appear on The Ellen DeGeneres Show and perform a number of songs.
- 2018-06-30: Waterfront, Bourne, MA, USA
Bono and The Edge do a short acoustic show for winners of a radio contest on Mix 104.1. Many more watch from the water.
- 2018-11-19: El Capitan Entertainment Centre Theatre, Hollywood, California, USA
Bono appears on Jimmy Kimmel Live! for the annual (RED) special, singing with Pharrell, and later with a group of celebrities.
- 2018-12-08: The Moore Building, Miami, FL
Bono appears at the (RED) charity auction in Miami and sings “13 (There is A Light)” at the end of his speech.
- 2018-12-24: The Gaiety Theatre, Dublin, Ireland
Bono and the Edge join other artists including Glen Hansard, Imelda May, and Danny O’Reilly, for a Christmas Eve busk outside the Gaiety Theatre.
- 2019-04-09: Retro Africa Gallery, Abuja, Nigeria
While on a tour of Africa for ONE, Bono sings “Happy Birthday” to one in an appearance in Abuja.
- 2019-05-25: Ward Park, Bangor, Northern Ireland
Bono joins Snow Patrol on stage at their concert at Ward Park to perform “One.”
- 2019-06-30: Epar. Od. Mandrakiou-Molou, Hydra, Greece
Bono and son Eli perform “A Man and A Woman” and perhaps other songs at the wedding celebrations for Bono’s niece in Hydra.
- 2019-09-06: Auditorio Nacional, Mexico City, Mexico
Bono appears and is interviewed by Pamela Cerdeira at the Mexico Siglo XXI meeting in Mexico City. He sings “Molly Malone” and some snippets during the interview.
- 2019-12-09: Grace Park Dining, Manila, The Philippines
Bono and The Edge eat out at Grace Park Restaurant on their first night in Manila with Guy Oseary and are filmed singing “We Wish You A Merry Christmas.”
- 2020-12-11: RTE Television Centre, Donnybrook, Dublin, Ireland
Bono and The Edge appear to busk on The Late Late Show
- 2021-05-04: Unknown Location, London, England
Bono and The Edge pre-record their live performance with Martin Garrix for the UEFA EURO 2020 opening ceremony.
- 2021-10-01: Bono's Home, Eze, France
Bono and Edge perform on The Late Late Show for Bob Geldof’s appearance. It airs on Oct. 1, but may have been recorded earlier.
- 2021-12-19: St. Patrick's Cathedral, Dublin, Ireland
Bono participates in the annual busk for Simon Community, this year filmed, and streamed online.
- 2022-01-30: Unknown, Unknown
For the 50th anniversary of the Bloody Sunday massacre during The Troubles in Ireland, Bono and the Edge perform an acoustic version of the song.
- 2022-03-31: Omni Shoreham Hotel, Washington, DC
Bono is awarded the Fulbright Prize for International Understanding. As part of his award acceptance speech he sings Bob Marley’s “Redemption Song”.
- 2022-03-31: Seven Reasons Restaurant, Washington, DC
Bono attends a birthday celebration for Senator Patrick Leahy and sings “Happy Birthday”.
- 2022-04-06: St. Ann's Warehouse, Brooklyn, NY
Bono and The Edge perform at a tribute / memorial show for music producer Hal Willner who passed in 2020.
- 2022-04-08: Unknown, Unknown
Bono and The Edge perform a highly altered version of “Walk On” for #StandUpForUkraine
- 2022-05-08: Khreshchatyk Metro Station, Kyiv, Ukraine
Bono and The Edge perform a short concert in the Khreshchatyk metro station in Ukraine.
- 2022-05-08: Unknown Location, Kyiv, Ukraine
- 2022-09-28: Unknown, New York, NY
Bono sings happy birthday to Phoebe Robinson at a One Event in New York City at an unknown location.
- 2022-10-07: New York, NY, USA, The New York Society for Ethical Culture
- 2022-10-16: The Times and Sunday Times Tent, Montpellier Gardens, Cheltenham, England
- 2022-10-27: London, England, BBC Television Centre, Studio One
- 2022-11-02: Beacon Theatre, New York, NY
- 2022-11-03: Ed Sullivan Theater, New York, NY
Bono makes a promotional appearance on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert and performs some songs.
- 2022-11-04: Orpheum Theatre, Boston, MA
- 2022-11-06: Meridian Hall, Toronto, ON
- 2022-11-06: Canadian Broadcasting Centre, Toronto, ON
Bono performs a short version of “Mofo” during an interview with CBC.
- 2022-11-08: The Chicago Theatre, Chicago, IL
- 2022-11-09: Ryman Auditorium, Nashville, TN
- 2022-11-12: Orpheum Theatre, San Francisco, CA
- 2022-11-13: The Orpheum Theatre, Los Angeles, CA
- 2022-11-16: The London Palladium, London, England
- 2022-11-17: SEC Armadillo, Glasgow, Scotland
- 2022-11-19: O2 Apollo Manchester, Manchester, England
- 2022-11-21: 3Olympia Theatre, Dublin, Ireland
- 2022-11-23: Admiralspalast, Berlin, Germany
- 2022-11-25: Le Grand Rex, Paris, France
- 2022-11-27: RAI TV Studio, Milan, Italy
Bono appears on Che Tempo Che Fa to promote his memoir, Surrender.
- 2022-11-28: Teatro Coliseum, Madrid, Spain
- 2022-12-05: Washington National Cathedral, Washington, DC
Bono speaks with author Jon Meacham
- 2022-12-14: Ambassador Theatre, Dublin, Ireland
- 2022-12-15: McDaid's Pub, Dublin, Ireland
Bono and The Edge appear at McDaid’s pub, just off of Grafton Street, to perform with Glen Hansard, Imelda May and many others.
- 2023-02-13: National Public Radio Headquarters, Washington, D.C.
- 2023-02-26: Electric Brixton, London, England
Bono and The Edge join the Ukrainian group Antytila on stage in London for a performance of “Mothers of the Disappeared”
- 2023-03-08: The Orpheum Theatre, Los Angeles, CA
Bono and Edge attend the Hollywood premiere of Bono & The Edge: A Sort of Homecoming in Los Angeles.
Related Discography: Bono SoloA list of all the solo projects by Bono For full news please visit our news page.